Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User

Where to place flow rites on a RXT????

Hey guys what looking at places to put the flow rites on the RXT the other day while its down for a little getting charger rebuilt and drive shaft seal done, figured i would work on this.

+1
    Just remove the plastic cove inside the rear handle, cut the rubber seal in the back seat and you will have more fresh air that you can handle.

It will also bring music to your ears (supercharger sounds great with this setup)

You just need the rear air riva setup.

Banned User
    hey man post some pics i did drill out some holes back there and hack up the bracket that the two seats meet at for more flow, already have a home maid 4" rear air.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    hey man post some pics i did drill out some holes back there and hack up the bracket that the two seats meet at for more flow, already have a home maid 4" rear air.
    Let me get you some, the setup is on my buddies RXT-X. I was going to do the same but all my upgrades came to a stop once I saw the 2010 RXT-X.

Banned User
    Yeah i am soon done too, got a few ideas for the winter but once my 260X comes in that will be the new focus for mods.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 556SBR View Post
    Just remove the plastic cove inside the rear handle, cut the rubber seal in the back seat and you will have more fresh air that you can handle.

It will also bring music to your ears (supercharger sounds great with this setup)

You just need the rear air riva setup.
    WHat do you mean cut the ruber seal? My rear bucket is out, and in the back of the seat some holes were made just above the rubber seal. I am looking to add more ventalation because when my rear seat was off I picked up about .7 MPH.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    WHat do you mean cut the ruber seal? My rear bucket is out, and in the back of the seat some holes were made just above the rubber seal. I am looking to add more ventalation because when my rear seat was off I picked up about .7 MPH.
    After reading all this,i went to work for more ventilation.
    No cutting or drilling is needed.
    Works on my rxt-x,so works for all 3 seaters.
    Remove the backseat,underneath is a rubber seal attached,pull this out,very easy!
    Now put the seat back on ,if you have a close look you will see some space between the hull and backseat,not much about 1/2 to 3/4 inch.
    There is your fresh air!
    Only thing to do is adjust the bolt on the grabhandle,the one you put your seat on and click it to secure it.
    Because the seat will be a bit loose on the back now.
    After adjusting the seat is tightly fastened on the hull again.
    This way you will have ventilation in the easiest way possible.
    Last edited by richrxp; 02-01-2010 at 11:01 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by richrxp View Post
    Remove the backseat,underneath is a rubbel seal attached,pull this out,very easy!
    Now put the seat back on ,if you have a close look you will see some space between the hull and backseat,not much about 1/2 to 3/4 inch.
    There is your fresh air!
    Only thing to do is adjust the bolt on the grabhandle,the one you put your seat on and click it to secure it.
    Exactly what I meant in the thread above, easiest way without modifications.

+1
    Remove the backseat,underneath is a rubbel seal attached,pull this out,very easy!
    There is your fresh air!
    After reading that I just went and removed the rubber trim from mine. Looks like it will breathe much better now. Good idea. Thanks.

There is your fresh air!

I liked this idea because of its simplicity and cost, which is $0!. I usually run a 4" kanflex up to the front of the ski. Did a few runs with my usual setup then I disconnected the kanaflex and put the OEM supercharger hose back in with a spectre ss filter (actually connected it backwards from oem). I then removed the storage bin in the back and the seal on the bottom of the seat.

Back out on the water I picked up a solid 1 mph and ski noticeably pulled stronger. Pretty impressive and it sounded sick!

THere is room to put the storage bin back in, but I think the airflow might be compromised. I have a couple of thoughts on this, let me know what you think.

1. Use storage bin and put seal back on rear seat. Put a flow right in hull "inside" rear handle (see photo). This would be right above air intake, so a straight shot. I put in a bilge pump outlet on other side and not afraid to take a saw to the ski!

2. Use storage bin, but drill some holes in it and use seat without the seal. I don't like this idea as much because then the storage bin is not watertight, but harder for water to get in the hull.

I'm in the experimenting stage, so any input is appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXTRearAir.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	163141   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXTRearAirFloRiteSpot.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	163142  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information