help with next mods

I just got an RXP-X, barely got 10 hrs on it and i'm wanting to do some mods. I've been on this forum for the past 3 weeks, reading and reading. And i'm honestly not to sure what to do first. I just ordered a fizzle intake, and want to do a thru hull exhaust next. I'm just not too sure about the waterbox and what it does. I have a shop in south tx and work on big hp engines all the time but this is the first ski i ever own. I've got two built lightnings, and a souped up diesel so i know whats going on as far as engines, but i really dont wanna mess with the internals, mostly just wanna get all the bolt on stuff done. I'm just not sure where to go from here. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated, thanks.

Yeppoon, Australia
    Depends on what you want from the ski and where you do your riding and how much you want to spend.

The 4" air intake is a good start, don't be too fussed with rear exhaust (if you do this you will have to move the intercooler) unless you really want the noise but change the grate and you will pick up some speed and also some better handling. then repitch the prop to get you at the right revs.

Plenty of stuff that you can do and lots of people on here that know a hell of a lot more than me. Just remember the only dumb question is the question you don't ask

Melbourne, FL
    Just like with your race stuff, you need to decide upon a goal THEN determine what mods to accomplish that goal. A thru hull exhaust is pretty far down that list. I have held off on doing one mostly because I don't want to drill a 3" hole in my hull.

well i really want the sound, and i like the look of it. So i'm thinking i would like to mod as far as an exhaust is useful. I'm ready to order a grate, but i've been looking at the R&D one but theres two,i'm not sure which one i need. My goal is anywhere around 77-80mph. Nobody mods their skis down here so that should get me pretty far ahead. And i ride at a lake, pretty calm water most of the time. but it can get choppy from time to time.

Thread Information