+1

RXP-X - TPS Reset?

What are some signs that your TPS needs to be reset to your ECU? When would this need to happen?

+1
    one reason would be after a throttle body boring and the TPS was removed for the procedure.

Another reason would be when switching an ECU from one ski to another there is a chance the TPS will need to be reset.

I had to have mine reset after Ross did my T/B mod.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    I had to have mine reset after Ross did my T/B mod.
    Why? Did you experience something before resetting it that was different? And what change did you see after the reset?

Just spoke with Jarrett on the phone.. TPS is not removed with my mods, no need..
    TPS Reset?
    Someone please explain this to me...
    On every vehicle ive ever worked on, the tps is set to a certain voltage, usually in the .80 volt range at idle, just like yamaha, chrysler, chevrolet etc..
    The ecm feeds the tps either 4 or 5 volt reference signal depending on the system, usually 5 volts as a reference input to the tps.
    As the throttle is opened the voltage output from the tps to the ecm increases, adding fuel, untill at WOT the voltage is at or near what the input voltage to the tps is.
    My point is, a tps that is set to .80 volts, will be the same voltage regardless of what ecm its connected to. The ecm simply reads what the tps is telling it.
    Unless seadoos system is different in some way, there should be nothing to (reset)
    Anyone know for sure what the deal is with this, because ive heard this several times on the forum and to me it doesnt make sense.
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    Just spoke with Jarrett on the phone.. TPS is not removed with my mods, no need..
    TPS Reset?
    Someone please explain this to me...
    On every vehicle ive ever worked on, the tps is set to a certain voltage, usually in the .80 volt range at idle, just like yamaha, chrysler, chevrolet etc..
    The ecm feeds the tps either 4 or 5 volt reference signal depending on the system, usually 5 volts as a reference input to the tps.
    As the throttle is opened the voltage output from the tps to the ecm increases, adding fuel, untill at WOT the voltage is at or near what the input voltage to the tps is.
    My point is, a tps that is set to .80 volts, will be the same voltage regardless of what ecm its connected to. The ecm simply reads what the tps is telling it.
    Unless seadoos system is different in some way, there should be nothing to (reset)
    Anyone know for sure what the deal is with this, because ive heard this several times on the forum and to me it doesnt make sense.
    Ross
    I may have been misunderstood here on this subject. Ross I didnt want to insinuate that your mod had anything to do with me having to have my TPS reset. I just stated that i had to do so after you did the mod for me. What BUDS found in my case was that the Idle Bypass and the Throttle Positioning Sensor were out of wack 23 times. At the same time I had your mod done I had installed the Mini Rude, Turbo Techs Fuel Rail setup with FPR and I also did a 15/22r and the Rad 4 manifold spacer, and 48 lb injectors. I dont know if any of the formentioned add ons may have throwned my ski out of wack, but its what the BUDS found. To me it was no big deal after all and Im happy with the mod and the service you provided. Bet!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Why? Did you experience something before resetting it that was different? And what change did you see after the reset?
    For me my ski wouldnt go pass 6900. That was after installing the Mini Rude, FPR and fuel rail., 15/22R, Rad 4 plate. Once My TPS was reset I was able to start fine tuning the AFR 'till I got it to 11.9 at 8120 rpms.
    Last edited by Blue Thunder; 09-18-2009 at 10:39 AM. Reason: grammar

(I may have been misunderstood here on this subject. Ross I didnt want to insinuate that your mod had anything to do with me having to have my TPS reset.)

And i didnt take it that way..
    Im just interested in learning what this (tps reset) consists of..
    My bet is it has nothing to do with the tps... Instead it is a simple (reset) back to default values of the entire computer system.
    Computers (learn) what sensor value inputs work the best, and adjust accordingly from the default values based on sensor inputs, and when air and fuel mods are added, it will have to (relearn) from different sensor input values.
    When 0-2 sensors fail, the ecms fuel adaptive memory gets fed bad info from the failed 0-2 sensor, and when its replaced the adaptive memory needs to be (reset), back to basic default values with a scan tool to clear out the false information the bad 0-2 was sending the ecm.
    Many times an extended battery disconnect, (up to 24 hours) will accomplish the same thing
    I bet thats what is going on here..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    For me my ski wouldnt go pass 6900.
    That's definitely not what I've having. My RPMs are roughly the same as before. I was hoping for more RPMs, but ended up with the same as before my latest mods.

Thread Information