Birmingham, Al

Antifreeze exhaust GTI?

I have an 09 GTI I'm about to winterize. Lake Smith water is getting LOW, and even in Central Alabama we occasionally have a freeze spell. When the fountains in the park freeze over I worry about any residual water in the exhaust system. If I blow it out with an air compressor like the manual says do I need to run antifreeze through? It seems that the exhaust system is bone dry right now. When I pull it out of the water I run it for 10 sec or so and water comes out. When I get to the house I fire it up one more time and usually there's no water coming out anymore. Secondly. is there way outside of a pump or something to get antifreeze into the system? Will it gravity flow through the flush port? can I pull a hose and let it just flow through there?

GTI SE 155
    Do you store the GTI outdoors? At the dock?
    I wouldn't be too concerned about freezing waterboxes in your climate (NO concern if it's stored in a garrage). Even if there is a freeze, there wouldn't be enough water in the waterboxes to crack anything, IMO.

Birmingham, Al
    outdoors under OEM cover under the carport. Putting the battery in an empty closet (with HVAC) at work with a trickle charger on it.

Thread Information