Engine builders, who is trustworthy?

I am reading threads to stay away from SBT, and also who to go with. Problem is I am on a budget. Is there anyone who is reliable, and decently priced?
    I came across this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEA-D...=p4506.c0.m245

"Just ask and we'll lower our prices" ???

It's already pretty decently priced. Anyone dealt with them?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Dude, haven't you heard that cheaper is screwing you...one way or the other? You get what you pay for. PM Waterworx, he is an excellent builder.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    +1 Dan is good people...Tweeker is also a good builder too. www.purrperformance.com

+1
    +1 on tweeker

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    +1 on Tweek too, I forgot about him.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    I just checked out they're ebay site and seem really persuasive and honest on wht they do, I would choose them over SBT.SBT is just famous for their volume of engine they rebuild per day...what about customer satisfaction?...guess not.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    I just checked out they're ebay site and seem really persuasive and honest on wht they do, I would choose them over SBT.SBT is just famous for their volume of engine they rebuild per day...what about customer satisfaction?...guess not.
    I own a rental buisiness and use SBT parts and wsm parts in most of them. I would not use these parts in my OWN skis. I have bought several skis with "new" SBT motors and had to rebuild them. Bad-leaky rotarty valve selas-new crank bearing cages coming apart! I just purchased a crank for my speedster from them and will see monday if it looks like it may hold up. If you can assemble your own motor or have someone local that can-buy your parts and build your own. You can have the machine work done(TDR in florida does excellent machine work) and gain some experience.

Quote Originally Posted by awd98tsi View Post
    I am reading threads to stay away from SBT, and also who to go with. Problem is I am on a budget. Is there anyone who is reliable, and decently priced?
    I came across this on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SEA-DOO-ENGINE-NEW-720-JUST-ASK-WELL-LOWER-OUR-PRICE_W0QQitemZ180409086492QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPers onal_Watercraft_Parts?hash=item2a0138321c&_trksid= p4506.c0.m245

"Just ask and we'll lower our prices" ???

It's already pretty decently priced. Anyone dealt with them?
    i got a rebuild done by them a year ago, sending them my second 951 in a few weeks, they did an awesome job and pay for shipping! comes with a one year warrenty i had my 951 redone with a hotrods and teflon coated pistons for only 1100, and when i got it back 150 psi in both cylinders, i sold my xpl with the engine and it is still running strong today on top of that they did a great paint job on the engine as well. you can basically choose your rebuild if you want oem pistons or aftermarket, they are a honest group of people and maybe a week turnaround

If you call ask for Tom. They rebuilt my motor on my 951 and it looks great. No problems and runs mint now that my carbs are set correctly. Never a single problem with the motor. Thought I had a leaking base gasket so I pulled the motor and leak tested and it passed. Before this was done I was on the phone with them talking about it, 5 mins later, prepaid shipping label to return the motor. I did not send it back since it was fine and water got in my motor from the pipe (ski tipped counter clockwise for a while, but never over). Good people, good shipping. Turn around time was quick too. I'd get another motor w/o question from them.

Thread Information