Thread: Coolant help???

Coolant help???

I took my ski (seadoo gti se 155) out for the first time last friday and im due to go out again this sunday.
    When i went out last week the coolant level was halfway between the MIN and MAX level but i noticed after i had finished using the ski the level had dropped to well below the MIN mark and it is still at the same level

Its not dropped at all since it came out of the water, and there are no drops under it in the garage or any inside the hull.

Somehow the water level in the expansion tank has halved while being used for 90mins.

should i be concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by grimey121uk View Post
    I took my ski (seadoo gti se 155) out for the first time last friday and im due to go out again this sunday.
    When i went out last week the coolant level was halfway between the MIN and MAX level but i noticed after i had finished using the ski the level had dropped to well below the MIN mark and it is still at the same level

Its not dropped at all since it came out of the water, and there are no drops under it in the garage or any inside the hull.

Somehow the water level in the expansion tank has halved while being used for 90mins.

should i be concerned?
    Check your oil level and color of the oil. Get it hot first. If the oil is milky or frothy, you got yourself a gasket issue.

Then try filling up thecoolant level and keep watching it.

I had the level come down on my 04' RXP and there was a intermittent leak under the motor.

Problem sorted, the pump had been removed for an impeller re-pitch and the guys at the shop didnt run the engine for long enough for the thermostat to allow water around the system,

I toped it up on sunday before 4 hours use and it didnt loose a drop all day

Thread Information