MFD Reseting Hours

I dont know how this is posable but my hr reset to 0. I reset the mdf because the speedometer wasnt working correctly and then i noticed the the hrs where reset also. Anyone have any Ideas on how this can happen. It had about 70hr on it before it reset. I tried disconnecting the battery to see if it would go back but it didnt.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Sometimes the MFD will spontaneously reset the hour counter to zero. Once it has done so, the previous hour count is lost.

I suspect this is related to bouncing of the battery connection when hooking up the battery, but I can not confirm that.

Some folks have reported that their MFD has reset the engine hour count multiple times over the years. It just happens.

Make a note of the previous hour count, and the date it reset. Then just add that number to the current reading.

If you want to be sure, record the hour reading each time before you disconnect the battery, just in case the hours resets again.

As these machines get older, the engine hour count becomes less important than the actual mechanical condition of the machine.

Maintenance practices such as fogging the cylinders and flushing the cooling system affect engine condition and longevity, as does proper and regular maintenance of all the moving parts.

+1
    Sometimes just having the battery disconnected for a period of time will reset the MFD. Also, a buddy of mine knows a code pattern of pushing the buttons that will also reset the MFD...but he won't tell me what it is. Unfortunately, you just have to keep track on your own...this is why when buying a used Polaris watercraft you can't always believe what the hours say on it...especially if it's an older ski advertised with a low hour amount.

Thanks. I will just record the hours from before

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 32DegH2O View Post
    ...a buddy of mine knows a code pattern of pushing the buttons that will also reset the MFD...but he won't tell me what it is...
    Is it just button presses?

Perhaps it also involves grounding the fuel/oil sender inputs (like the MFI code reset)

Somebody could ask David Struyk, who designed the units

+1
    Nope...just the buttons. He pushes on both at the same time, holds one and pushes the other and changes it up...he does it to quickly that I can't keep track of the pattern.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 32DegH2O View Post
    Nope...just the buttons. He pushes on both at the same time, holds one and pushes the other and changes it up...he does it to quickly that I can't keep track of the pattern.
    Video recording

Is there any LCD code or special display pattern that appears while all this button pressing is going on?

Thread Information