Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

FX SHO vs 260x as an all around ski.

Im thinking of financing something brand new this winter, if i can find a good enough deal. Most of the guys i ride with have the 250x kawis, and they love them. i do like the way they ride, but i dont really trust the reliability. i also have always been strictly yamaha, and would like to stay that way. we ride around NYC, in the long island sound, so there is almost always some light to moderate chop. once in a while we will get a day that is glass, but it is rare, and we have more rough days than smooth days. im not into racing, or squeezing out every little mph or anything, i just want a big fast ski, that will start whenever i want to use it, and i wont have to be getting fixed all the time. and plenty of beer storage lol. so which ski should i be looking at?

is this you dan?

+1
    maybe lol.

trying to stay yamaha bro!

you know my answer 260 all the way. shos are great skis also you will be happy either way.

+1
    how do they compare on fuel useage that would be the deciding factor for me with fuel going so hi in price...

i actually find my 250 to do pretty good on gas. its no hybrid but i do just about the same as my friends with their rxts when we are cruising.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostin250x View Post
    i actually find my 250 to do pretty good on gas. its no hybrid but i do just about the same as my friends with their rxts when we are cruising.
    i have no idea on fuel use on either i was just sitting here pondering the thought of a 4 stroke after a trip out on my gpr and using a full tank in 45 miles

either way i will keep my eyes on this thread as i also like both sho and 250x

+1
    i think either will be better on gas than the venture im riding, i have to run WOT like all the time to keep up with all the newer skis i ride with. the 1100 is a major gas hog.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by official_style View Post
    i think either will be better on gas than the venture im riding, i have to run WOT like all the time to keep up with all the newer skis i ride with. the 1100 is a major gas hog.
    gas hog looks like its a win win for you on this one then..

i heard great reviews from owners on both but the only negative for the 250x was fuel but i have never seen a cruise range for the 250/260x but assume it cant be all that bad

Banned User
    Kawasaki reportedly addressed poor ring sealing issues in the 260X engine, which resulted in fuel dilution with the 250. The 260 seems like a good ski if you're looking for something to mash through the waves with little air time.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information