Thread: mx bars for spx

mx bars for spx

I think that I'm going to go with a mx style bar for my 97 spx(tired of that moldy cover)
    #1 will it give me the same riding position as the complete UMI steering set up?
    #2 which bars style and size do you recommend?
    thanks all in advance

#2 that is kind of a your preferance in bar bends,,

you need to do some measuring to find what you want,, have you ridden anybodys with mx bars?? or know any one with the set up?

might give you a baseline idea

no i havnt had the op to ride an x4 with mx bars, but have ridden a 99gp12 before and after the bars and i like the way im on top rather than having the bars in front.

95spi w\factory pipe/96xp Diggler's Avatar

handlebars

I know some guys cut em shorter when riding lean in on xpl's, i bought a used umi setup for my 96 xp and the dude gave me bars from his other xpl that he cut off for his own style and its way to hard to turn hard with that bar on there because less leverage. I know a buncha dudes From Team BlackStar racing use pro taper bars. check out there video on there website!

diggler, do both your skis have the full umi set up? and those blackstar dudes have full race setups, not something Im interested in dishing out dough for rite now. but they do seem like they can manhandle x-4's,

mx bars for spx

Quote Originally Posted by jersey785 View Post
    diggler, do both your skis have the full umi set up? and those blackstar dudes have full race setups, not something Im interested in dishing out dough for rite now. but they do seem like they can manhandle x-4's,
    Yes I have the complete system on bolth. picked up from ebay used though. one I had to replace the bearings in because it was slopy and if anyone has to do so, GO to NAPA for that bearing, I think it was cheeper. Also about the mx bars or renthals. Instead of umi's I think the pro taper bars are cheeper and are the same pull bacK. I need new bars on one because they are bending down, and the others came cut off which sux for hard turns. I do kinda like the short width though for just going srait and hitin waves. Im just a rec rider, though I do like to run around buoys when no boats are coming in the canals. I am staring to gain intrest in the water cross though.
    Last edited by Diggler; 09-27-2009 at 09:26 AM.

yeah but they all list different widths and pull backs. if i do get a set of bars, will i be over the front like the umi set up? or is it adjustable?

mx bars for spx

Not sure what the rise and pull back is on umi bars for seadoo's? You can always tilt the bars more back or forward to your prefferance. The steering system will totally move your riding and head angle position forward which is good in the rough, So if you like to jump alot, it wont be the same. I still stand it all the way up and flip it back with them, just a little scary when going fast at a 5 foot swell from a cruiser yaht since Id like to keep my teeth. Ill prolly be buying a helmet for next year from blowsion, I think they make a watercross type helmet that wont have water absorbing foam.

Thread Information