Thread: lost of boost?

lost of boost?

Hi guys,

I haven't been on here forever and of course I have a problem with the ole' jet ski now. I took it out last Friday and it started idling rough like it wanted to die then I eventually lost boost which would register not quite half way on the gauge with a top speed of around 20-30. The crappy part is I had picked it up from the dealer earlier that day so they could do the recalls and change the oil. Ski only has 30 hrs on it.

Is there anything else other then changing plugs (which the dealer did a year before to the NKG9...) that I need to do? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Also, filled tank full of fresh gas, used regular key (I was getting 60 on some runs before it acted up) and had a sucking sound when WOT. Didn't catch the RPM's.
    Last edited by bigredinohio; 09-19-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: additional info

Okay, I read another thread in here regarding the dealer not clamping a hose and that's what I have. I haven't ran it to test it but the hose coming off the sc wasn't clamped so I assume that's why I heard a sucking/blowing sound with a big drop in boost. I'll come back after I run it to let you guys know for sure.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    there ya go...........also if they changed the oil, make sure they didnt over fill it, like most dealers do, it only needs @ 4 quarts with a filter change...........

I know, trying to request to the dealer that I didn't want my oil filled to the top line on the dipstick is like trying to get a root canal from a monkey.

Go with the plugs I have gone through 3 sets so far. the last when My dealer overfilled my engine. No rpm = no boost

Quote Originally Posted by chubby View Post
    Go with the plugs I have gone through 3 sets so far. the last when My dealer overfilled my engine. No rpm = no boost
    I have a new set of plugs on hand but I can't imagine the ones already in it would be fouled already. They only have 5 hours or so on them.

might be an exhaust leak, check hoses

Thread Information