Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

RXT and new Riva Impeller

Any RXT owners going to try the new Riva (R) Impeller ?
    Maybe RXT's can get away from using the stock repitch 12/19.5

..... limited05, rocketman,shibby, anyone ?

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Kinchyle,

Im considering the "R" or a PPG bent Solas. I'm holding off until after installing the RR ECU. I'll then discuss the results with PPG and others and hopefully make a sound desicion.

By the way, I reached 72.0 mph today... now if I can just find that last 1 mph...

Jeff

wow!
    I think I'm going to tinker with a 14/19 solas and wait until your results.

Then go to the ic and thru hull and do the R. Hopefully then there will be more matching pitches for it.

Kinchyle
    I got that prop from Riva before they started checking them. Thats all the R means is that they are checked for the true pitch before they are shipped. I am probably part of the reason they started doing that. When I first put the prop on it dropped my RPM's from 8100 to 7700 my top speed went down also. I sent it to Impros to be repitched and Dave told me it was not even close to what it was supposed to be ,so he trued it to the 13\19 it should have been to start with.My RPM's went up to 7950 and I am consistantly GPSing 69.8 to a top of 70.4.It is now back at Impros to be repitched hopefully for a little more top end.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 05Limited
    Kinchyle,

Im considering the "R" or a PPG bent Solas. I'm holding off until after installing the RR ECU. I'll then discuss the results with PPG and others and hopefully make a sound desicion.

By the way, I reached 72.0 mph today... now if I can just find that last 1 mph...

Jeff
    Did you say you hit 72mph on an RXT?

Ya, limited05 has a stage II rxt.
    He has a couch with afterburners.

I think the rxt's are about 2mph under rxp's when apples to apples.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    "Couch with afterburners"...LOL

Reality is more like this:
    70.5 anytime
    71.0 most the time
    71.8 a few times
    72.0...... once!... so it is really a 71 mph ski.

I believe my speeds are a combination of good aftermarket parts, continual testing & wrenching, an understanding girlfriend, and attention to details (even minor ones).

But, most importantly, I feel the biggest gains come from the wealth of information contained in this (and other) message boards. Nothing is more valuable than end users sharing their "trials and tribulations"... and it's FREE information.

Jerry and Mike have done a superb job with this sight. If you feel you have benefitted from it, as I have, please try and support it. Though the valuable information is free, the website bandwidth is not.

Jeff & Annette

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    Ya, limited05 has a stage II rxt.
    He has a couch with afterburners.

I think the rxt's are about 2mph under rxp's when apples to apples.
    I have a Stage III RaceTech GTX. I have everything including the RR Racing CAM, but I don't have the larger injectors and biggy back fuel unit. I also have a 155mm pump instead of the RXT pump. Yet, I am only running 71.6mph. I'm sorry, but I find it hard to believe that any RXT is running 72mph. My wife's box stock RXT runs 63mph on GPS. BTW (when I am running right) - I beat stock RXTs so bad they look like they are tied to the dock. I find picking up 9mph for a Stage II would be incredible to say the least! Someone please enlighten me on what's going on here?

05Limited,which prop are you running now. I have my SRX-CD 13\19 being repitched at Impros now hope I can get to 71 with it. I am also working with one from Skat-Trak. I hope to have it this weekend. It is an 11\22 repitched to I don't know what. I know it sounds a little steep but Glen assures me that it will get me where I want to be. I'll post results as soon as possible. I figure the only way to find the best prop is to do a little experimenting.I really think this prop may be better suited for an RXP.We shall see.
    By the way great #'s hope to join you soon.I hope to be doing the Stage 3 this winter.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman
    05Limited,which prop are you running now. I have my SRX-CD 13\19 being repitched at Impros now hope I can get to 71 with it. I am also working with one from Skat-Trak. I hope to have it this weekend. It is an 11\22 repitched to I don't know what. I know it sounds a little steep but Glen assures me that it will get me where I want to be. I'll post results as soon as possible. I figure the only way to find the best prop is to do a little experimenting.I really think this prop may be better suited for an RXP.We shall see.
    By the way great #'s hope to join you soon.I hope to be doing the Stage 3 this winter.
    Is the SkatTrak prop a 3 blade or a 4 blade?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information