Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

TiAL Sport V-band Turbine Housing

I have seen a lot of people post about different turbochargers, and different setups. I just thought I would post a few photos of what the TiAL housings look like. They are a huge advantage for watercraft, as there are no bolts or gaskets to deal with in confined spaces, and the turbine is stainless steel. Very light weight, as all of the mass around the normal flanges is gone, heat soaking is less an issue due to the reduced mass also.

There are photos of a new one that I just prepped (from TiAL it does not come with the Adel Wiggins clamp on the Compressor) and of my fully prepared spare unit. I can change a turbo in the GTi in about 5 minutes.
    Dump a bucket of water on it to cool it.. 2 v bands, 1 wiggins, the aire filter clamp, a quick disconnect on the oil feed, and 3 -6an fittings (1 oil ret. and 2 water) I have never changed one from damage, only teswting different setups.

It is great stuff, If I can help anyone, just ask.. TiAL SPort has very generously sponsored our effort this year, and I want to return the effort how ever I can. We have developed stuff for the 4tec that really works, and our win in both motos at Nashville in Expert Open is proof of how well the stuff works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9155.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	553.2 KB 
ID:	151113   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9156.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	625.3 KB 
ID:	151114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9134.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	670.2 KB 
ID:	151115  

What the size of the A/R on both side

Nice setup

looks great. im looking at going a simillar setup using a gt 2876 with a .63 exhaust do u think its a good choice for a rec ski?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boBO View Post
    What the size of the A/R on both side

Nice setup
    Ther are a variety of A/R housings available, there are also a lot of different compressor wheels available.

I don't want to post my exact setup on the forum, but I have tried them all, and I will say that I like the smaller housings for CC racing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by damo.r View Post
    looks great. im looking at going a simillar setup using a gt 2876 with a .63 exhaust do u think its a good choice for a rec ski?
    The problem with th GT28 turbocharger, is that it is a very broad statement these days. GT28 is merely a "category" these days.

I have 4 GT28's in my kit of parts, and they are all different, I mean WAY different. This is why I suggest you speak with a professional like Gregg Jones at TiAL Sport.

Between the Garrett housings, and the TiAL housings, 3 different Turbine shafts, and any number of hybrid compressor wheels, GT28 means very little anymore unless you buy it striat off the shelf from Garrett.

Just like the seadoo superchargers. they all fit the same, and they all look about the same, but there are how many different wheels you can put in them now?? These turbocahrgers are in the same arena now..

I do think for rec riding an off the shelf GT2876 is a good unit. It will have more lag then my setup, but power potential is huge... 25+ psi and everything else right 375hp is not to hard to get. But shop before you buy it, the units from TiAL are not much more money, and the expertise that comes with it is priceless.

with running a gt2876 on about 17psi do u think i will need to use lower compression pistons

+1
    I run 25 psi+ with higher compression than stock.

But there are too many variables to just say yes or no. Are you running race fuel? How much final ignition timing are you running at that boost level? and most important, what is your air charge temp? All of these things factor in to boost and compression..

I think also that standalone managment is a must for high boost turbo applications, that way you have the data logging, and fuel and timing control.

I built an intercooler that keeps me at 3 to 4deg F over water temp all the way up to 27psi. When I first built I had an XS cooler and it would see 170F charge temp at 25psi, so I could not run any final timing with out Detonation.

PM sent

i was planing on running pump fuel with either riva or les cooke ecu. your intercooler sounds good are you selling them? any chane of posting a pic of it?

Quote Originally Posted by damo.r View Post
    i was planing on running pump fuel with either riva or les cooke ecu. your intercooler sounds good are you selling them? any chane of posting a pic of it?

+1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information