Thinking about 04 GTX

I am thinking about upgrading my 97 gtx to an 04 GTX. Its mainly my fiance's machine but I too do ride it. What about is the top speed? It is stock and I plan on keeping it that way. Are there any other things I need to look at when I go see it? I am not familiar with the 4 stroke ski's too much yet. It has 100 hrs I was told. Thanks for the help and info

John

Quote Originally Posted by jwick86 View Post
    I am thinking about upgrading my 97 gtx to an 04 GTX. Its mainly my fiance's machine but I too do ride it. What about is the top speed? It is stock and I plan on keeping it that way. Are there any other things I need to look at when I go see it? I am not familiar with the 4 stroke ski's too much yet. It has 100 hrs I was told. Thanks for the help and info

John
    I had an 04 gtx...liked it. wanted to modify it but discovered the engine is not the same as the 215hp engines like on the rxt or rxp. It has 185hp and you can't do much with it like you can the 215's. It was a good ski before I traded it for an 07 rxt. It has ceramic supercharger washers so rebuilding the supercharger should be job no. 1. Send it to Jerry for a rebuild.

How often does the supercharger need to be rebuilt? Or how long should it last?

if you want 70+, dont buy... trust me ... had one , money pit...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jwick86 View Post
    How often does the supercharger need to be rebuilt? Or how long should it last?

Superchargers should be rebuilt every 100 hours.

Im not looking for anything crazy fast out of this. Its for my fiance upgrading from a 97 gtx. She loves the stability of it, but loves the power of my xp. Someday I will upgrade to those sweet sweet speeds!!

How much does it cost to rebuild the supercharger in that?

well first off, are you sure that its the S/C engine?

Yes it says its the 185 hp s/c engine. I have not seen it in person yet but hope to by the weekend on over the weekend. Just trying to see what I need to look for or possibly need to do over the winter for service.

What ever you do, make sure that you ride it for 10 minutes or so. Let it warm up , then check for 7400-7600 rpms WOT, no alarms, no leaks, and no cavitation on take off. Find out if the ceramic washers have been changed. Better yet, copy the hull identification number (HIN) from the back right part of the ski and have a dealer check to see what work (if any) has been done by Sea Doo. if the seller won't let you ride it, run away. Testing on the hose is not sufficient to test for proper power... Ron

Thread Information