R5 Water-X Racing Promoter PowerShot's Avatar
    +1

GoPro footage from practice 9/20/09

Here is some footage from practice today with some long distance runs across Lake LEwisville today.

You can hear how I get on and off the throttle during the buoy runs.

I have a real cool vid of a sea plane that landed next to me and then took off while I chased it down..Pretty cool stuff..That one is coming!

+1
    2nd Vid

+1

Well Im having touble uploading the vids..Ill figure it out but there is more to come!

+1
    The Plane footage...

[/URL]

I didnít want to distort the race thread with camera questions, but maybe you guys can answer? What do you guys think the best mounting option is for these cameras? Helmet, chest, handlebars, or mounted on the ski? My concerns are the following. If I come off at 60+ MPH and the camera is mounted on the helmet, will it come off? I'm not sure how the helmet mounting works, and how sturdy it is. It would make for some cool footage tho if it did not get lost. Maybe a teather would be the answer to that. I see the mounting options, rust is also a concern, I'm not sure what type of metal they use on the nuts and bolts, I'd bet its NOT stainless. One might have to find stainless replacements. Lastly, personally, I think that I look around a lot while racing, side to side (not sure if I turn my head tho), I'd HATE to watch a video that had constant head movement, it would get folks dizzy. I did like the setup where their were like 4 camera's on Younts' boat. Thatís sweet! Anyways. Just wanting some input on mounting options, these new HD's produce a very good quality video! I need to watch the vids more and see what video angle looks the best from a viewers perspective. I'd bet Pirate would face the camera on himself!

+1
    I had my camera on when I was coming down the front stretch at over 65mph and got hit from the side and came off..NO PROBLEM and some great footage I might add!

I think the helmet cam is the way to go..on otp..It gives everyone a feel of what the rider is and has to go thru! BUT the hood cam is cool too..The chest..dunno if that would be so good..especially if you rider pretty aggressive and you stay low..you wouldnt see much except for the dash.

Still checkin other views and seein what works but for now the on top of the helmet is the way to go at least for me..when you look around it gives the viewer an idea of the battle your in...or not in! AHAH

+1
    I think it would be way cool to have both helmet cam and hood mounted footage. Take both videos and then make the hood mounted the main video and inlay the helmet cam footage into a little box in say the bottom right corner of the video. Then lets say there is a major battle going on which is making you look left or right quite a bit you swap the 2 and have the helmet cam as the main footage and the handlebar as the inlayed footage. Oh and most importantly you have the mic run into the engine compartment so you can hear the motor

Thread Information