Powershot with Boost unlimiter vs Motec

Hi Guys,

I have a new SHO Cruiser coming shortly, and looking to do a few basic mods to it right away, If I were to install the R&D stage 2 kit (C3 wheel inter-cooler etc) and use the new power shot with the boost unlimiter, how far behind in overall performance would it be compared the exact same mods running motec? I appreciate all the extra features the motec has (I currently have one in my car) however on this ski I can't particularly justify the extra $2500 to add motec to it, if the powershot is going to get me close...

Cheers

+1
    From what ive read on the forum the powershot wont get you anywhere near the motec in terms of power and speed. Hence the price.

The Powershot was a very short term fix for me providing little added speed and just bumping against limits again. I was constantly fighting the OEM ECU and it was well worth the price of the M400 ECU to almost instantly gain 5mph and lose those limits.
    In addition, adding the MoTec SDL provides a lot more data to monitor what is going on while riding/testing. It's great having GPS numbers displayed in the SDL as well as engine temps, throttle position %, Lambda, I/C air temps, etc...

ill sell u my powershot for 350 picking up the riva ecu also selling my new ver. c-3 wheel if interested

Wait am I reading this correctly? There is a new powershot with no boost limiter? So the 10psi limiter is gone?

Quote Originally Posted by bm27 View Post
    ill sell u my powershot for 350 picking up the riva ecu also selling my new ver. c-3 wheel if interested

Why are you selling your powereshot? Don't you get better speed having both. Do I have my info wrong and you can only run the powershot OR the ECU, not the two together? Sorry for my ignorance.. LOL.... Jut want to do it right the first time I do my mods.. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    Wait am I reading this correctly? There is a new powershot with no boost limiter? So the 10psi limiter is gone?
    no thats what someone was thinking, but i think it was shobiz that confirmed thats not the case same ole powershot . need more than 10 go Motec or Riva ECU in couple weeks

Quote Originally Posted by fxshostopper View Post
    no thats what someone was thinking, but i think it was shobiz that confirmed thats not the case same ole powershot . need more than 10 go Motec or Riva ECU in couple weeks
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Thread Information