Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SHO EXPERT

Fzs setup and Question

I hoping you guys could help I have a FZS with the following mods, FF exhaust, Manifold upgrade, FF intake with intake manifold update, powershot, B1 wheel, 13/22r, pump seal kit, Riva intake grate, removed shims on rideplate, and hood scoops cut. Im currently running 72 mph Gps and my question is when Im wide open about 60 mph and up the ski will every some often feel like I hit a bump and the rear of the ski come up. The first time it happen it scared the hell out of me. I thought I actually ran something over. But it almost does it all the time. Have anyone else seen this? Also I thought the this setup would get me around the 74-75 mark. does this set up sound correct? Im turning right around 7600 rpms after I repitched the prop to get it off the limter. Any help would be appreciated. Billy

Quote Originally Posted by billy327 View Post
    I hoping you guys could help I have a FZS with the following mods, FF exhaust, Manifold upgrade, FF intake with intake manifold update, powershot, B1 wheel, 13/22r, pump seal kit, Riva intake grate, removed shims on rideplate, and hood scoops cut. Im currently running 72 mph Gps and my question is when Im wide open about 60 mph and up the ski will every some often feel like I hit a bump and the rear of the ski come up. The first time it happen it scared the hell out of me. I thought I actually ran something over. But it almost does it all the time. Have anyone else seen this? Also I thought the this setup would get me around the 74-75 mark. does this set up sound correct? Im turning right around 7600 rpms after I repitched the prop to get it off the limter. Any help would be appreciated. Billy
    72 is prob abt what you are going to see with those mods IMO however keep in mind with an after market plate such as R&D's you should pick up another 2 to 3 mph so that puts you at your 74 to 75. not sure why you would be having a bucking issues since you are running the aftermarket grate , there has been reports on the Fz's having some bucking issues with the stock grate, but not as far as i know with the aftermarket grate. maybe someone else will chime in and give some more input, did you have or notice the bucking when your ride plate was shimmed

+1
    I use a R&D water intake grate and don't have any problem with the buck or kick up in the rear of my fzr!

SHO EXPERT
    Quote Originally Posted by fxshostopper View Post
    72 is prob abt what you are going to see with those mods IMO however keep in mind with an after market plate such as R&D's you should pick up another 2 to 3 mph so that puts you at your 74 to 75. not sure why you would be having a bucking issues since you are running the aftermarket grate , there has been reports on the Fz's having some bucking issues with the stock grate, but not as far as i know with the aftermarket grate. maybe someone else will chime in and give some more input, did you have or notice the bucking when your ride plate was shimmed
    I never really noticed it until I took the shims out of the ride plate. Just came back from riding and it definetly does it at full speed. Im starting to wonder if it is the pump pressure.Im also on the rev limiter, do you think I should go up with the prop or tweek it, Ive already added 2mm to the impeller

SHO EXPERT
    Plus im on the revlimiter and Ive already added 2mm to the impeller.
    SHould I go up on the impeller or tweek it.

so are you saying that you put the shim's back and went out for a run and still getting the buck. cause i know in some cases riders were maybe putting too much angle on their ride plates and that may have been also contributing to the cause. not sure on your prop maybe pm folks like jerry with greenhulk, shobiz, or hitman then will have more knowledge on that, sorry couldn't anymore but i can assure you there is someone on these forums that can help ya out

+1
    That setup should be good for 75+ easy, setup correctly. Do some searching around the Yamaha forum and you will find a lot of very useful information, especially rideplate setup.

SHO EXPERT
    I guess what im asking is what impeller nozzle set up should I be running or to start at.
    Also I think the bucking is coming from to much pump pressure. Anythoughts

SHO EXPERT
    Quote Originally Posted by fxshostopper View Post
    so are you saying that you put the shim's back and went out for a run and still getting the buck. cause i know in some cases riders were maybe putting too much angle on their ride plates and that may have been also contributing to the cause. not sure on your prop maybe pm folks like jerry with greenhulk, shobiz, or hitman then will have more knowledge on that, sorry couldn't anymore but i can assure you there is someone on these forums that can help ya out
    I dont think its a bucking issue I think its a pump pressure issue.
    My ridplate I took out the stk shims and put on set of washers on the front two bolts to angle the rideplate just like Ive read on here. Not sure whats going on but I will try removing the washers..

make sure that you have your stock brackets on (that fit between ride plate and hull) no matter what set up you try because they are to protect from hull damage. i would pm greenhulk, JD1, shobiz, or hitman for some one on one info about your concerns cause those guys will have a little better direction for you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information