09-21-2009, 10:49 AM #1
Anyone want to ride again Saturday 9/26 ?
Well.. I blew out my driveshaft seal.
I dont want to discuss any of the details of it on the board until I see how the warranty goes on it. If I can get it resolved this week, Im definitely going to ride on Saturday. Even if its not resolved, I will still ride my XP. Sooo.. im going out no matter what. Anyone have any good ideas? post up.
09-21-2009, 11:20 AM #2
If you want to take the XP out, we could try for another weekend in Stonington.
Not sure if the tides work out in our favor or not but it's an idea.
09-21-2009, 11:23 AM #3
I'll watch the thread, if its CT River or east I'm interested.
09-21-2009, 11:25 AM #4
Ill do it. Its going to start getting too cold to ride the xp soon because you just get too wet and fall off too much, but Ill definitely take it out this weekend. Christina would love to do that too im sure.
The only problem is that my VTS control module burned out as it does with many seadoos of that generation. Consequently, I hook it up to a battery and bump the motor myself. On a ride like that, Ill fix it at 3/4 up and leave it. The drawback is that I cant adjust it on the fly and riding 3/4 up means it shoots out of the water like a porpoise. It makes it very hard to keep up. Even still, its only a 58mph ski.
Over the winter, Im going to try to figure out a way to either adjust trim manually or hook the switch directly up to the motor and circumvent the control module.
Last edited by caliburst; 09-22-2009 at 12:04 PM.
09-21-2009, 12:17 PM #5
Why not wire the battery directly to the motor and put a switch in-line on the power wire?
Not the best solution but at least you could adjust it on the water.
09-21-2009, 03:00 PM #6
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
- Stonington, CT
Sat is a bust for me - running kids all over town most of the day.
If you guys do decide to hit Watch Hill, tides should be rolling in - especially if you go for a late start. low at 8am, High at 3:14.
09-21-2009, 06:30 PM #7
09-21-2009, 07:01 PM #8
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
Ill be in Mass from fri till early sun for a buddies wedding,could be in to a sun ride though,need to try an 82 nozzle
09-22-2009, 07:22 AM #9
I'd be up for a short ride Saturday, nothing too crazy because I also foresee a definite ca$ino trip and apple picking in my weekend crystal ball. Wondering if it's a good weekend for the Big E, since we have a three day weekend!!!!
Wish I could get my hands on some new gloves before then....
09-22-2009, 12:59 PM #10
Guess well have to discuss it then.
Saturday-day should be fine for a ride. Saturday night or even Friday night is good for a casino trip. As long as I get some volcano nachos and some loaded landsharks at margaritaville, im happy.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By MIARider in forum SoutheastReplies: 38Last Post: 10-11-2007, 11:08 PM
By way2fast in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)Replies: 0Last Post: 05-25-2007, 11:46 AM
By yellow jacket in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-08-2007, 12:52 PM
By ou812 in forum So Cal RidersReplies: 11Last Post: 02-12-2007, 01:29 PM
By fullboogie in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 12-23-2006, 12:32 PM