Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1995 Waveraider ski eye?

I was just wondering if the transom of the 95 waveraiders was strong enough to install a ski eye into? Would I need to reinforce it? I would like to be able to pull a tube around and it doesn't seem like a good idea to tow it from the grab bar.

Thanks
    Dan

Doesn't yours have the two holes right at the very back of the deck? If you look at this picture of my 1996 (pre-cleanup), you can just see one of them. I've pulled tubes and kneeboarders on mine using one or both of these holes many times with no issues (just be careful and don't run over the rope!!)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0018.JPG 
Views:	143 
Size:	158.2 KB 
ID:	151405.

Deck holes

Mine does have deck holes and I just ordered the tie down clips ($12 each at overtons) that fit in them. I was thinking that those would make decent tow points. If however it turns out that the transom is strong enough I think I would still like to mount a ski eye.

Thanks for the info!
    Dan

Well I'm anxious to see if anyone's tried it. I could easily be wrong, but it just seems to me that even if it's strong enough, having the eye below the waterline wouldn't be ideal because of the up angle of the rope, though maybe not so bad for a tube. Even through the deck holes you can get the stern tugged upwards a bit when pulling a kneeboard. Maybe someone's done something similar ABOVE the deck, below the handle - unless that where you mean by transom?

Does the silver hole under your seat on the left side discharge water?

Above the water

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear, by transom I was referring to the part of the boat under the grab bar but above the deck (ie near where the fire extinguisher hole is), just wasn't sure what else to call that portion. You are correct, below the waterline is sure to be a bad idea and I don't think anyone would want to put a tow line there.

Thanks
    Dan

No silver hole

As far as I am aware there is no silver hole under my seat on the left side. The only water discharge my ski has is up front (about 1/4 of the way back from the bow) on the left side below the bumper rail and the standard rooster tail spray out of the back deck. The only thing under my seat on the left side is the choke cable.

Why do you ask?

Dan

I am new to this ski, and while riding, it discharges water from a hole on the side of the craft, just below the seat, in addition to the rooster tail. Of course, the more you ride, the hotter the water gets. I was not sure this was normal. I have never seen this on any other ski.

Quote Originally Posted by sferg420 View Post
    I am new to this ski, and while riding, it discharges water from a hole on the side of the craft, just below the seat, in addition to the rooster tail. Of course, the more you ride, the hotter the water gets. I was not sure this was normal. I have never seen this on any other ski.
    I think you have the 1100 and the poster probably has a 701, so it won't have that. Here's a little pic I found online that I think is fairly accurate as to what is transom on a PWC.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pwc1.gif 
Views:	72 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	151426

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    in most areas you need a legit 3 seater to tow. if you have that covered, here's my .02

tow tubes or anything with alot of drag from the holes in the deck. it's the strongest part of the hull. you could mount a tow hook under the grab bar, but reenforce it with a metal plate from the inside and keep an eye on it.

that being said, i have towed with mine, and regardless what you do, because of the flat bottom on the hull, whatever you tow will steer for you. power isn't the issue. control is

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information