Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Going To Key West HELP ?

So I am going to stay at Key West this weekend but I am going with a group of peeps and they all want to ride (duh). Problem is that there really is no place that I can beach my ski in Key West and I will have the only ski. Any of you experienced riders know of a place that is pretty close to the key west area that I can beach my ski ??? Any and all input would be highly appreciated

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    this will sound f***ed up but if you like you ski,say it isnt running right and rent skis in key west lots of cool tours to take on skis or http://keys.craigslist.org/boa/1384310987.html
    just my 2 pennys
    mattman

nah money is going to be tight and I just got to my ski so dont really wanna rent. I am thinking of just renting in Key West for the night life and drive up to mile marker 38 (sunshine key) and ride all day

+1
    I think what Keyzbum is suggesting that the others rent skis. Yeah its messed up to a certain degree, especially when its your fam. The last time I was at virginia key beach I let a bunch of people ride my ski and one of them ended up taking out a mirror of mines. I made him pay for it but I just dont like a bunch of peeps riding my ski. I feel like im whoring it out or something. Anyways I dont know of any places you can beach in the keys. If you can find an island close to the ramp just shuttle everyone to the island and you should be ok. I also dont think they are as strict about that stuff in the keys than in Miami. Have a good ride man.

Quote Originally Posted by HAZE View Post
    I think what Keyzbum is suggesting that the others rent skis. Yeah its messed up to a certain degree, especially when its your fam. The last time I was at virginia key beach I let a bunch of people ride my ski and one of them ended up taking out a mirror of mines. I made him pay for it but I just dont like a bunch of peeps riding my ski. I feel like im whoring it out or something. Anyways I dont know of any places you can beach in the keys. If you can find an island close to the ramp just shuttle everyone to the island and you should be ok. I also dont think they are as strict about that stuff in the keys than in Miami. Have a good ride man.

yea I know but I will be doing most of the riding. Just giving ppl a chance to ride with me I dont want anyone to mess up my mirrors (wait i dont have any)LoL. And I have been on the phone with Florida Wildlife and the City of Key West and they confirmed that you can not beach anywhere around the Key West island I would have to travel up to another key to be able to beach so I guess I will do that and report back any good spots for you guys. Like I said I think I will be going to Sunshine Key RV resort and use there beach and marina to launch my ski and beach it

You can go to Bahia Honda state park and launch from there the only hangup is that you have to park the ski away from the bathing area and swim to it. If your military or retired then I can provide you with the best info. We go there every 4th of July for a weeks stay at the Navy base and take 8 families with us and about 8-10 skis. We save a ton of money by staying at the bases townhome rentals and we luanch from the bases too. Download Google earth and search for public ramps, marinas, ect. Stay within the navigational markers as Key West can be rather shallow when you navigate outside of the markers. Also invest on a GPS and go to the outliying Keys, its a blast to tour the mangroves and see the marine life and such. I planned all our outings and navigation thru the GPS when it was high tide and it was such a great time that I'm looking forward to next year already. Key west has plenty of Jet ski rental facilities and they take you on tours around the island and if you speak with the rental facilities some of them will let you tag along with them for a small fee but be prepared to get some static from others as they view you as a potential liability towards their customers who nine times out of ten have never riden a ski.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	151564   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	015.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	151565   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0939.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	151566   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0937.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	151567   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	014.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	151568  

damn nah to young to be retired and never went to the military but thats looks so nice place to saty at. I heard about Bahiahonda but i thought it was kool to beach the ski there I guess not. I am worried about the whole GPS thing I dont have one hmmmm thanks for the pics man really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by GPR305 View Post
    damn nah to young to be retired and never went to the military but thats looks so nice place to saty at. I heard about Bahiahonda but i thought it was kool to beach the ski there I guess not. I am worried about the whole GPS thing I dont have one hmmmm thanks for the pics man really appreciate it
    Bahia Honda has a ramp they just wont alow you to bring it close to shore, so you have to anchor out about 300 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Bahia Honda has a ramp they just wont alow you to bring it close to shore, so you have to anchor out about 300 yards.
    300yrds ? damn and where can I find that kinda info for the keys ?

Just do a google search or better yet download the google earth program and you can do a search from there for State Parks, Public Ramps, points of interest, ect.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information