Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PDX - Oregon
    Posts
    2,205

    Handling difference between rxp and RXPX

    Is it me or does the rxp handle more smoothly than the rxpx??

    It seems to me it handles the chop better, full trim up better, overall just feels more nimble and not as rough as the x Boat to me.


  2. #2
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Totally depends on the mods and riding conditions. Stock vs Stock... the X is a rocket out of the hole... especially when choppy compared to the 215 due to the larger tunnel (and 40 HP of course). However... I do prefer the overall performance from the 215 hull!

  3. #3
    mbaseball3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    stockton, ca
    Posts
    748
    +1
    21
    ^^^ i thought the x tunnel was smaller? hence, pump overstuff...

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    PDX - Oregon
    Posts
    2,205

    Re: Handling difference between rxp and RXPX

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP
    Totally depends on the mods and riding conditions. Stock vs Stock... the X is a rocket out of the hole... especially when choppy compared to the 215 due to the larger tunnel (and 40 HP of course). However... I do prefer the overall performance from the 215 hull!
    Ya... personal pref I guess. The more I ride our rxp the mor Iike the way it rides over the z boat

    The xtra power is only minor addons to the rxp

  5. #5
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    The xtra power is only minor addons to the rxp
    ...

  6. #6
    MPower's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    3,338
    +1
    121
    I much preferred the X to the 215. The rear of the X is much more planted than the 215 boat and that helps alot with nose hunting in rough water. Like you said though, personal preference, each is for a different type of rider/conditions.

  7. #7
    baba850r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    673
    +1
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    I much preferred the X to the 215. The rear of the X is much more planted than the 215 boat and that helps alot with nose hunting in rough water. Like you said though, personal preference, each is for a different type of rider/conditions.

    agree with mpower i much prefer th p-x over rxp.stock for stock the p-x stays hooked up alot easier and doesnt slam waves nearly as much as rxp.youd have to really really work the rxp hard to compare to the p-x where i ride anyway.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    doncaster. UK
    Posts
    162
    i also prefer x models loads better
    thier so much easier to ride in the rough and stay planted and track better

  9. #9
    Jarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Waxahachie, TX
    Posts
    3,011
    +1
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
    Is it me or does the rxp handle more smoothly than the rxpx?? It seems to me it handles the chop better, full trim up better, overall just feels more nimble and not as rough as the x Boat to me.
    The RXP hull might be easier on the rider as it doesn't hookup or turn as well as the X hull. Is that what you are asking? Lack of hookup and turning doesn't make for a better hull, imo.

  10. #10
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaseball3 View Post
    ^^^ i thought the x tunnel was smaller? hence, pump overstuff...

    The X tunnel is larger allowing more water in causing it to overstuff easier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Major Differences between RXP and RXP-X???
    By FullTilt429 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 08:56 AM
  2. Difference between RXP and RXP-x
    By bsc819 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 08:14 PM
  3. ride difference between RXT and RXP
    By tmc84 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08-07-2007, 12:02 PM
  4. Difference Between RXP and RXT Venturi
    By ramnj in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 09:53 PM
  5. The real difference between GTX and RXP
    By LA2NY in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 05:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •