Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Going Away For The Weekend.. Do I Flush ?

LoL so I am going to the Keys this weekend and staying at a hotel. My question is if I dont have access to a hose to flush my ski out after riding will it be alright. I plan on riding sat and sun to then be back possibly Sunday night. So basicaly I wont be able to flush my ski out for about two days any input on this will it be ok? I have a 2000 GP12r all stock

i know people that leave their skis in salt water all summer on a jet dock and never flush them out (i would never do this but they get 4 new skis every couple of years) so i would say you will be fine for just two days, just be sure to give it a good bath and coat the engine in wd-40 or some other rust preventative before and after use. just flush it out really good when you get home or stop at a lake and ride it like you stole it for a bit. shouldnt really have to worry too much for only two days.

I would agree with wake on this. If you do have a lake near you I would ride it there first. Riding in fresh water will flush out the ski much better than just on a hose.

Nope dont live on or near a lake a hose is all I can really do thanks

I'd bet you can find a hose somewhere if you're really concerned about it, like at a gas station or marina. Maybe even around back of a restaurant or something. Be creative (or sneaky)

Quote Originally Posted by Martimouse2 View Post
    I'd bet you can find a hose somewhere if you're really concerned about it, like at a gas station or marina. Maybe even around back of a restaurant or something. Be creative (or sneaky)

I've done this before, I always had good luck with finding hoses at the bottom of parking decks... Usually with no one around. Never had a problem

LoL then I get busted for stealing their water.. I guess i can give it a try if I find one kool but if not I should be alright right ?

As for the actual answer to you question its not going to kill you if once in a blue moon you have to wait a couple of days to flush the ski.

+1

Finding a hose

make the effort its worth it, there's an old saying "salt eats boats" but bring some bail money just in case !LOL

+1
    i say flush your ski. it doesn't take long for salt water to start corroding. if you're staying at a hotel, they should have a hose...just make sure you have a hose to hook up to it. i'm sure they wont mind as long as you're staying there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information