Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    tnthenke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    LaGrange, GA
    Posts
    19

    Trailer License Tag Question

    In GA we have to have a license tag on our boat trailers. I got my tag today and am looking at the trailer and don't see any mounting holes for the tag. If you have a tag on your trailer, where does it go? My other concern is that when I back my trailer into my driveway, I scratch the bottom of trailer. With that in mind, I don't think I want to mount the tag on the rear. Thanks.


  2. #2
    Funny that you live in La Grange. I grew up in a small town outside of West Point, GA called Lanett, AL. West Point Lake is an awesome place to ride.

    Warmest Regards,

    Paul

  3. #3
    RustySeaRustyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Chesapeake Bay-Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    1,788
    Quote Originally Posted by tnthenke View Post
    In GA we have to have a license tag on our boat trailers. I got my tag today and am looking at the trailer and don't see any mounting holes for the tag. If you have a tag on your trailer, where does it go? My other concern is that when I back my trailer into my driveway, I scratch the bottom of trailer. With that in mind, I don't think I want to mount the tag on the rear. Thanks.
    Usually tag brackets come with trailer lighting kits. Depending on the kit. Go to your local trailer retailer and ask for one..

  4. #4
    Treemn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    3,316
    +1
    634
    Bass pro sells a real nice galv tag bracket really is heavy duty.

  5. #5
    tnthenke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    LaGrange, GA
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsonsmith View Post
    Funny that you live in La Grange. I grew up in a small town outside of West Point, GA called Lanett, AL. West Point Lake is an awesome place to ride.

    Warmest Regards,

    Paul
    We love West Point lake. It's a pretty big lake with a fairly small population around it so it is great to ride around on.

  6. #6
    Fastest in my cove sfackett0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sparrows Point, MD (near the Key Bridge)
    Posts
    1,000
    +1
    22
    need to get one of these

  7. #7
    Hydrotoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    16,712
    +1
    85
    I've bent my tag around the backside of my fenders to keep them from falling off those shitty plastic brackets.

    I was born in Decatur, and grew up in South Atlanta area.


  8. #8
    I moved mine from under the light to the frame of the trailer its self because it kept scraping the ground when i moved it around the yard

  9. #9
    tnthenke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    LaGrange, GA
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    I've bent my tag around the backside of my fenders to keep them from falling off those shitty plastic brackets.

    I was born in Decatur, and grew up in South Atlanta area.
    Thanks Hydro. I like what you did. I'm going to try it this weekend.

  10. #10
    Hydrotoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    16,712
    +1
    85

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Ski and Trailer!!!... Couple of questions
    By Goliath in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 07:13 PM
  2. newbie questions on trailer and ride plate
    By NJRXP in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-05-2007, 05:24 PM
  3. 4 place trailer question
    By KirkF350 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 12:57 AM
  4. Another trailer question
    By Piney in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 06:15 PM
  5. Trailering Question
    By 05RXPnoob in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 01:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •