Oil change/10 Hour Maintenance Questions

I have 10 hours on my new RXT and I've decided not to spend the whopping $260 the dealer wants for a glorified oil change on my new ski. I have some questions though; first, should I change the oil now even though I will probably only ride my ski a couple of hours or so before I winterize it? I'll probably change the oil again when I winterize it, and then I'm sure I'll change the oil again in the spring before I get it ready for the season. Seems like a waste of money to change the 10 hour old oil now, again in a couple of weeks, and then yet again in the spring.

Second, if I'm going to change the oil, I want to do it this weekend, so how long does it take to receive parts from 4-tecperformance.com (filter and o-rings) and amsoil.com (oil)? If I can't get them by Saturday, I'll be forced to suck it up and drive to the dealer to buy the stuff and it is like 1 hour each way.

Thanks!

+1
    I can't vouch for how fast the oil ships from Amsoil but ordering in my online store you can tell me how fast you want it in the comments section when you place your order. Next day air, 2 day air, 3 day select or ground.

Have you considered the complete maintenance kit?
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1079

It has a set of plugs, oil, oil filter and O rings.

Please keep in mind that oil cannot be shipped air freight. It must ship ground.

I would just wait until you winterize your ski to change the oil. It's not going to hurt your ski to have 15 hours on it before changing the oil for the first time.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I can't vouch for how fast the oil ships from Amsoil but ordering in my online store you can tell me how fast you want it in the comments section when you place your order. Next day air, 2 day air, 3 day select or ground.

Have you considered the complete maintenance kit?
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1079

It has a set of plugs, oil, oil filter and O rings.

Please keep in mind that oil cannot be shipped air freight. It must ship ground.

I would just wait until you winterize your ski to change the oil. It's not going to hurt your ski to have 15 hours on it before changing the oil for the first time.

thanks
    Thanks! Just the person I was hoping would reply.

I figured it wouldn't be such a big deal to not change it now, the wife already thinks it's too cold so I'm not sure how much more I'll be riding this season .

I did consider the maintenance kit but I was thinking I'd use Amsoil instead of the SeaDoo oil to preserve the life of the washers a bit. Plus it seems to be about the same price for full synthetic versus synthetic blend anyway.

Where is the 4-tecperformance warehouse?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by asaberan View Post
    Where is the 4-tecperformance warehouse?
    Riva, Rotax Racing and OEM parts come from Miami.
    R&D parts come from California

Thread Information