+1

Severe Engine failure.. WHY?

Ok so I had an obvious oil issue... The bearings were 10 minutes old. I bought the motor with a broken timing chain and changed all the internals but the crank pistons and rods... All the bearings, bolts, oil pumps, oil pump covers, timing chain, gear, valves... almost everything... Upon pulling the motor out after the rebuild I had found the oil pressure regulator was tightened WAY beyond spec by the previous owner. The bearings are progresively worse from pto to front of the motor... I had oil pressure at the head within spec. The head, cam, and balance shaft show absolutely no heat. Balance shaft bearings are flawless... Does anyone know the actual oil path of these motors? Would the regulator cause this carnage? What else would do this? PLEASE HELP!!

See pics on last page.... http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...t=91779&page=4

Thanks in advance for any insite...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    Ok so I had an obvious oil issue... The bearings were 10 minutes old. I bought the motor with a broken timing chain and changed all the internals but the crank pistons and rods... All the bearings, bolts, oil pumps, oil pump covers, timing chain, gear, valves... almost everything... Upon pulling the motor out after the rebuild I had found the oil pressure regulator was tightened WAY beyond spec by the previous owner. The bearings are progresively worse from pto to front of the motor... I had oil pressure at the head within spec. The head, cam, and balance shaft show absolutely no heat. Balance shaft bearings are flawless... Does anyone know the actual oil path of these motors? Would the regulator cause this carnage? What else would do this? PLEASE HELP!!

See pics on last page.... http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...t=91779&page=4

Thanks in advance for any insite...

my guess as u may already know is this is from the oil pressure regulator being tightened over 7/8 ft lb and the oil regulator valve piston is LODGED or STUCK in the valve piston sleeve that it rides in and is most likely crushed or lodged from overtorquing it so tight......u obviously know now the book calls for 12 newton meters OR 8.8/9 ft lb ........LACK OF OIL PRESSURE .................PERIOD!!!!!!! sorry it went like this Gun!

+1
    [quote=Inkaddict;1217210] Upon pulling the motor out after the rebuild I had found the oil pressure regulator was tightened WAY beyond spec by the previous owner.

My OPR would not come undone from the factory, I believe the thread lock they use is very difficult to break unless you heat it.
    Maybe your regulator was fine and something else was out of spec?

Thread Information