Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Instant throttle response for a FZR.

I am looking for instant throttle response from my ski. Ive got the basic 3 mods, power filter, ff exhaust, intake manifold plus the riva grate. I want to get the same knee jerk acceleration as my old 08 RXPX. Dont care about top as much. Ideas??

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    More boost and better IC!!

+1
    Just increase the boost. The more boost you make the more fun you are going to have

Going to need a Powershot to up the limit to 10psi or go Motec or Vipec to totally eliminate the limiter correct?

From my experience on my RXP an intercooler upgrade made a HUGE difference in acceleration. If you don't want to spend the money on or Motec or don't want to go that involved, I'm sure going with a smaller SC wheel upgrade and intercooler upgrade would still make a huge difference even with boost at or just under 10psi.

+1
    Correct!

Without MoTeC or the new RIVA/ViPEC ECU you will want to run the R&D Powershot Engine Tuner.

You will also benefit from an aftermarket intercooler. The stock IC doesn't do a good job at all.

Jerry intercooler upgrades don't affect boost much do they? Maybe a 1psi gain? I never hooked up a boost gauge on my ski so I'm not sure. But if he were to go with the powershot and say stock SC or even a C3 wheel he wouldn't be running into the boost limiter would he?

+1
    When I first got my RXP..... The IC was the first thing I did. Though out of all I did I still think it made the most substantial difference. Acceleration, top end and throttle response improved DRASTICALLY!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    Jerry intercooler upgrades don't affect boost much do they? Maybe a 1psi gain? I never hooked up a boost gauge on my ski so I'm not sure. But if he were to go with the powershot and say stock SC or even a C3 wheel he wouldn't be running into the boost limiter would he?
    I never did measure boost differences with the stock IC vs the Riva IC on the FZR but back in the day i did some back to back testing with the RXP and i gained 1 psi more boost when i went to the Riva intercooler VS the stock IC.

Just looking at the stock vs Riva on the FZR you can see the stock is more restrictive. Maybe someone can get us some back to back results once the Riva IC's start shipping.

With the powershot he would be able to run up to 10 psi boost. Some people report even higher boost numbers with the powershot. The most i saw with C3 and the powershot was 9.8 psi on my dynotune digital boost gauge.

+1
    This is getting pricey. So for $500, what the best bang for my buck. I just dont want to keep pumping cash into this thing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spinaker View Post
    This is getting pricey. So for $500, what the best bang for my buck. I just dont want to keep pumping cash into this thing.
    You can setup an intercooler kit yourself for well under $500 bucks. That is if you want to try it. Although it is not hard at all.

Using a type 13 intercooler:

Then just figure out what all youll need for silicone couplers, tubing and clamps.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information