Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Limiter?

  1. #1
    Nedo69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wollongong, Australia
    Posts
    67

    Limiter?

    Guys whats the rev limiter on 05 RXP. I did my first water test with new mods in sig and was sitting on 8150 all day. Is this a touch high or on the limiter? Should I look at gettin prop tweaked?
    Thanks
    Ned


  2. #2
    You are nailed to the limiter.

    What was the temps....E...L.....when you got those numbers?

    Depending on those....you might add a coupla mm to the trailing edge.

  3. #3
    Golden Jet red fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    DiJeddah
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    You are nailed to the limiter.

    What was the temps....E...L.....when you got those numbers?

    Depending on those....you might add a coupla mm to the trailing edge.
    Or go with smaller Nozzle Ring ( 83mm )

  4. #4
    Does he have a reduction nozzle?

  5. #5
    Nedo69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wollongong, Australia
    Posts
    67
    Water temp was approx 67 and air temp 75. Only gonna get warmer now as summer is coming here in Oz. Generally water will be 70-75 and air 85-90 during peak riding season.
    Yeah I thought from memory that 8150 was the limiter. Im quite suprised that my setup is turnin the Solas 15/20 that hard, as many are running this prop with much more aggresive mods.
    Well guess its time to rip the pump back off. Thanks for the input

  6. #6
    Golden Jet red fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    DiJeddah
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    Does he have a reduction nozzle?
    Even if he don't have it he can buy a Ring , Then machine the stock nozzle to fit the Ring ...

  7. #7
    If it's only gonna get warmer where you are.....I'd go one mm at a time.....I'd hate to add two when only one would do....after all.....the heat is gonna take some of your r's and slow you down.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by red fox View Post
    Even if he don't have it he can buy a Ring , Then machine the stock nozzle to fit the Ring ...
    True enough.....easier, I understand, than bending props...what do you suppose that mod (machining the nozzle) would cost?

  9. #9
    Golden Jet red fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    DiJeddah
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    True enough.....easier, I understand, than bending props...what do you suppose that mod (machining the nozzle) would cost?
    Machining the nozzle coast about $10 + $40 for the ring ...

  10. #10
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedo69 View Post
    Guys whats the rev limiter on 05 RXP. I did my first water test with new mods in sig and was sitting on 8150 all day. Is this a touch high or on the limiter? Should I look at gettin prop tweaked?
    Thanks
    Ned

    Hi Ned, you are all over your rev limiter. This is a bad thing as your ECU is cutting fuel and your engine is running lean. You need to either add some pitch to the trailing edge of that impeller or install the Riva Pro Series nozzle and use the 81 mm ring. Using the 81 ring will bring on some more speed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXP RPM Limiting Question
    By Jarrett in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 06:58 PM
  2. Limited , Way2Fast 3 degree wedge question
    By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-17-2005, 01:01 PM
  3. New Limited Owner Says Hello...
    By FUELISH in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 10:30 AM
  4. Bouncing off the rev limiter, Yay or Nay
    By Gforce in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-29-2005, 01:26 PM
  5. Break in period and Noise at 5000rpms on 05 GTX Limited
    By spc9669 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 11:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •