Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Question RXPX to RXP nozzle?

About how much rpm change by replacing the stock RXPX nozzle with a stock RXP nozzle?

+1
    I haven't done it yet, but heard reports of 140 RPM and 1.5+ MPH on the top end. This is on an RXP-X though, not sure on the T-Xs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I haven't done it yet, but heard reports of 140 RPM and 1.5+ MPH on the top end. This is on an RXP-X though, not sure on the T-Xs.
    I have a TX and PX, the RXT in the picture is gone.

Is that 140 rpm loss?
    Last edited by troyheb; 09-22-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Is that 140 rpm loss?
    Yeah. Theoretically say:

Stock X nozzle = 70 MPH @ 8140 RPM
    Stock P nozzle = 71.5 MPH @ 8000 RPM

Also, I hear that once you go to an aftermarket grate that the 83mm nozzle gives overall better performance on the P-X platform when pitched appropriately. So just slapping on an 83mm is not the best option, but rather pitching a prop to turn good RPMs with it as well.

This is only what I have heard though, have not tried it personally... yet

+1
    Jarrett, I have been watching your post, looks like you and I are heading down the same road as far as RXPX's are concerned, seem like every time I start thinking about a mod you ask the question I was thinking.

+1
    I hear that once you go to an aftermarket grate that the 83mm nozzle gives overall better performance on the P-X platform when pitched appropriately.
    Wonder what nozzle the boys at Hydrodrags are running?

+1
    Jarrett, I have been watching your post, looks like you and I are heading down the same road as far as RXPX's are concerned, seem like every time I start thinking about a mod you ask the question I was thinking.
    Yeah I think about this stuff too much
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Wonder what nozzle the boys at Hydrodrags are running?
    I don't see how the smaller nozzle can make better overall acceleration, but I keep hearing it. I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. Hopefully soon. I also want to get a separate prop set for peak RPMs with the stock X nozzle and back to back them and see what happens. After my latest round of mods, I'm thinking I need to be looking into the pump for more performance on my X, rather than under the seat.

+1
    Also, I hear that once you go to an aftermarket grate that the 83mm nozzle gives overall better performance on the P-X platform when pitched appropriately. So just slapping on an 83mm is not the best option, but rather pitching a prop to turn good RPMs with it as well.
    [/quote]

I only have 4hrs on my PX, it ran 70.1 @ 7980 today. I have a R&D grate, 4" air and prop that I will be installing the next few days. Wont be able to test till next week. I would like to keep my rpms around 8050, so just curious as to how much the nozzle would drop rpms.

+1
    Yeah I think about this stuff too much I don't see how the smaller nozzle can make better overall acceleration, but I keep hearing it. I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. Hopefully soon. I also want to get a separate prop set for peak RPMs with the stock X nozzle and back to back them and see what happens. After my latest round of mods, I'm thinking I need to be looking into the pump for more performance on my X, rather than under the seat.
    I know on my TX I loss acceleration with the 82mm nozzle, but picked up top end. When I get it back (tunnel) I am going to try the 83mm ring.

+1
    I only have 4hrs on my PX, it ran 70.1 @ 7980 today. I have a R&D grate, 4" air and prop that I will be installing the next few days. Wont be able to test till next week. I would like to keep my rpms around 8050, so just curious as to how much the nozzle would drop rpms.
    Those are great numbers. At 2 hours I was at 66.3 MPH @ 7700 RPMin 100 degree heat.

I'm no prop pitcher, but my guess is:

7980 - 140 for the 83mm nozzle = 7840 so you would need to drop your pitch 2-3mm to get back to 8040 with the 83mm nozzle.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2614

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information