Free Flow Exhaust and Velocity Stack

Is it safe to run a 08 yamaha fxho with just the riva velocity stacks and power filter without the riva free flow exhaust or should i run the ski with both mods on??? all i have right now is the riva seal kit, intake grate, solas impeller, riva power filter, and riva velocity stacks.... free flow exhaust is coming soon but i want to know if i can ride the ski ok without it breaking down on me in the mean time... thks guys

I have been running the Riva stacks and filter on my 2007 fxho for 10 months without problems. I would imagine that Riva wouldn't sell all the parts of the full rpm kit separately if problems were likely.

yes u can run those mod's without the free flow... the free flow will hlp the motor breath a little better and give it a nice little growl

thanks guys. the reason why i was asking because i read on a forum that its best to run it with the free flow exhaust because it keeps the engine tempature cooler... as well one of my buddies suggested that i cut a hole in the hull to have more ventilation come thru because if i leave it the same it would just be the same as the stock and restriced stacks because theres not more air coming in... do u think this is true?? i will post a pic of someone opening a ventilation option on there fzr on greenhulk to allow more air in.

the more air the better, i dont think you will have that problem with the HO but any mods u can do to produce more air flow go with it. with the SC 1812 cc it is more important because of the heat that motor produces and Yamaha having so restricted from the factory

Quote Originally Posted by fxho View Post
    thanks guys. the reason why i was asking because i read on a forum that its best to run it with the free flow exhaust because it keeps the engine tempature cooler... as well one of my buddies suggested that i cut a hole in the hull to have more ventilation come thru because if i leave it the same it would just be the same as the stock and restriced stacks because theres not more air coming in... do u think this is true?? i will post a pic of someone opening a ventilation option on there fzr on greenhulk to allow more air in.
    here are the pics of the mod i would like to do for more air... what do you guys think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	air vents.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	151896   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	air vents 2.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	151897   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	air vent 3.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	151898   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	air vents 4.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	151899  

and this is my ski... not the same hull set up as the fzr but some advise in how i can make this mod happen will greatly be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jet ski.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	151939  

?

are there hoses coming of the fake air ducts going down to the bottom of the ski???

Thread Information