95 XP, 22 hrs mint condition, w/trailer. Seized motor, $500. Good deal?

I came across a local guy selling a 95 XP. He has owned it for 11 years, and it has sat in his garage for the last 8 of them. Its in pristine shape, however the motor is seized from sitting so long. Moisture got in, and its locked up. He is asking $500 for it with the trailer. Do you guys think this is a good deal? I'm not afraid of doing the work myself, I'm just wondering how much it will cost me to get this operational.

+1
    You're in Michigan right? If you pass on it let me know.

I just gave $1500 for a `96HX and a `97XP with double trailer. The `97 had a bad rod bearing and trashed crank. Both skis were sitting outside and dirty, but they both cleaned up nice! The `95 XP and trailer should be worth $500. I would buy it if you have the means (a good shop) to rebuild the motor. The trailers is worth at least $200 if its in decent shape. What about titles? Do they do that in your state? Here in Missouri, if it doesn't have a title, it is worthless. Without a title, you can't register it, license it or ride it on any public waterway.

all good points to check,,

the motor is not siexed though it is stuck,, It may free itself from the bores with a little work,, Unless it was put up in a real bad way, FULL of water.

Price seems decent, get titles

Quote Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1 View Post
    I came across a local guy selling a 95 XP. He has owned it for 11 years, and it has sat in his garage for the last 8 of them. Its in pristine shape, however the motor is seized from sitting so long. Moisture got in, and its locked up. He is asking $500 for it with the trailer. Do you guys think this is a good deal? I'm not afraid of doing the work myself, I'm just wondering how much it will cost me to get this operational.
    i saw that on craigslist today too......

andrwe

You can get a reman motor from SBT for that for $745. That would be a great deal on that ski if you fix it. Even if not, you can easily part that thing out and sell the trailer for at least $1000, and I would bet even more.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    screw sbt, the engine is most likely not seized its just stuck, it happens. why spend money when you dont really need too. worst case scenario if the pistons and rings are really in bad shappe all he needs is a set of pistons.

Thread Information