Thread: MSX 150

Msx 150

I have a friend who has a 2004 polaris msx 150 he says it will smoke my rxp (stage 1 in a couple days) how fast are they top speed and acceleration? I looked at the specs and they didn't sound to faster than an RXP...am i right or wrong

I really don't think you have anything to worry about.

I didn't think so its only a 750 with a 150hp.

It's a very hot little 750 but just not enough displacement. I really don't know what Polaris was thinking with this motor. It's real high tech with all the bells and whistles but they only started with half the displacement they needed. There's still no replacement for displacement.

+1
    you will smoke him........ the only stock ski that has beat my 785 pro polaris was a RXP

My wife 150 gets out of the water fast. Less weight and it just pops up.
    But that jump only lasts for a few seconds. And thats with my RXP cavitating out the hole.

Tell your buddy he must be smoking crack because I only see those skis go 59-61 mph stock on the gps.

+1

Red face

if you realy what to piss him of just tell him that your new cup holder is still drying so I'll have to take it easy

bud theres no msx 150 that going to beat you

later cdpcb

+1
    My friend has two of the 150's. He thinks they are greatest thing since sliced bread and will do an honest 70mph. He also told me he can get a kit that puts them around 94 mph I have ridden them and they are nice machines they don't feel like a 750 but the turbo lag is noticeable.

Last time out we raced from a stop and I took him by two lengths right off the bat. After about a minute flat out he was very slowly creeping ahead of me. I was riding a 98 GTX Limited with Proks, a rejet and a grate. His eyes were as big as saucers when we stopped, he was blown away that an eight year old Seadoo was as fast as his rocketship.

Your RXP will hand him his azz.

+1
    You will have no problems at all. There are 2 guys running around Pennsville NJ with them that think they are really fast. I have NO problems with them and can VERY slowly walk past them on top end on my RX. Yes, I said RX, not RXP!
    From a dig I'm out front every time. Again, this is with an RX, not RXP. I'll let you do the math from there....LOL

From what I understand they are effected a TON by rider weight. Since they have a fairly small displacement motor with a decent sized turbo, the extra weight will slow them down quickly when loaded up.

They do have a VERY nice handling hull though, a bit rough....but I'm used to riding the RX...

With the RXP you should have a lot of fun with him.

Thread Information