Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone blow exaust gasket after IC mod?

I'm leaking water from somewhere after the IC mod and blocking off at the exaust manifold, just wondering if anyone has experienced the same, yes I've rechecked all hoses & clamps, I don't know if it is the exaust gaskit for sure because the belt was spinning and throwing water upward and everywhere when I realized that I had water in the hull. any input would be appreciated.

+1
    if its only happened after your i/c mod i would check and check again something is obviously leaking that you have touched check hoses for a split and check fittings for tightness put it in the water with the seats off, or reverse flush the i/c from the fitting on the left of your jet pump outside the hull (that will test all your i/c cooling hoses) then put the motor on the hose that will check all your engine cooling hoses.

I'm going to do the reverse flush tommorrow, hopefully something is there, Thanks allot

I went back through and retightened everything to the point that I thought the clamps were going to break! Idid the reverse flush for 15 minnutes and no leak, ran the engine on hose and no leak, maybe I fixed it

+1
    thats the trick with hose clamps they need to be tightened to the point where they are just short of bending/stripping and this is a very fine line. hope you found the problem as realistically its all it could have been.

Thanks JW! I got to the boat ramp and had the motor running in the water (on trailer) no leaks. started giving throttle to back it off trailer in the water and I could see water starting to fill the hull . This sucks I was there for a while and I checked all the hoses again and could not find where the water is comming in from. I went home,

Check the flush fitting under the hood. I have seen some here come loose, follow the whole hose. I hope this helps.

Checked it, thats not it, Thanks though
    I'm wondering if its a sillicone issue, since I don't have the area of the ride plate or intake grate siliconed. I normally would but I was planning on switching intake grates to do a comparison test on flat water and post results.

+1
    did you have the seat base removed so you could see all fittings im guessing its from either exhaust hose clamps or intercooler hoses. is it filling from the front/rear or under motor surely you could see this then you will have some idea where to look dont rush it take your time

it was definetly filling up from the rear of the ski or under the intercooler, was hard to see the area of the hull where the IC thru hull exit is located due to the intercooler and u pipe in the way

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information