Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEED HELP!!!!!

NEED HELP!!!!!

Yesterday was the first time i took my ski out riding this year.After i put my ski in the water i rode around for like 5 minutes.Then went to party cove and sat their for another 10 minutes.After that i headed towards a marina(approximately another 5-8 minutes.)Once at the marina i took off my seat and my engine compartment was coated with oil! Oil was blown all over the engine.I checked the dipstick and it was bone dry.My riding was done!
    What is the cause of this?
    The only thing I can think of "if" I did it was the day before I painted the grab handle,so i took off that whole black plastic assembly that the seat sit's on.And now i'm not too sure if i knocked a hose loose/off when i put the seat assembly back on?
    Can someone post a picture of where the oil hose is,so i know what i'm looking for.Thank's!

marty .. I do not think u knocked a hose loose just by doing that .. I take my seat cowling off almost daily ... im wondering if something happen to the o ring on the oil filter canister .. however this is what I would do ...

1 clean entire engine area very good with rags and what not ...
    2 fill engine back up with oil
    3 restart on the trailor with hose and check for oil leaks

It may only happen under load so u may have to goose it a bit but if u are saying u have 3 quarts of oil in the engine bay U WILL SEE IT SHOOTING OUT SOMEWHERE
    *** wear safety googles

marty .. did u have it winterized??? if so by whom may I ask???

Im wondering if there is a double o ring somewhere in the oil filetr assy or it was not tightened properly ill bet it is leaking rite in that area ... who chaged the oil last marty??

man if it was my delaership i would blow my motor up and get a new one .. y cant these things happen to me damn it

Ok....I found where it's spitting oil.There is a black tube sitting vertical near the throttle body behind the engine.The tube is approxametly 3"-3" 1/2.The top of this tube has a black cap on it and in the center of this black cap is an odd shaped screw head.Almost resembles a star.It's spitting oil from just underneath this cap.I did not take this cap off,however by just looking at it,it look's as if there is a gasket underneath this cap?
    What to do?......

That is the oil filter cap. Sounds like it was not properly installed or it may just be loose.

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    ONE ADVICE:

If a dealer did that and you're under warranty, DO NOT TOUCH IT, just take it there, rub his nose in his own mess and have him clean it up.

Take pictures too.

Then have him give you an invoice (with waived charges of course) that will prove the problem was here under warranty.
    So if you have issues after your warranty is gone you will have this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman
    That is the oil filter cap. Sounds like it was not properly installed or it may just be loose.
    Also regarding this cap (for identification purposes),this cap is not a perfect 360 degree's in circumference.It has about 3/4"-1'"straight on it.This is where it's leaking undernearth the straight.What tool do i use on this star shaped screw.It has 6 point's on the head of the screw.Thank's!

just as i expected ... ....u pron need the gasket undeneath there also .. bring it to ya dealer and do what 11 said .. damn i wish this shit would happen to me .. i am never so lucky !!! by the way u need a set of Es fo rthat E8 E10 etc etc ....

+1
    Eleven is right on the money as far as due diligence is concerned. The tool needed for the cap is a torx socket. I am not sure of the size right now because I am not at home to check..
    You might want to ask for another years warranty because of the screw up.

The torx socket is a size 10. But I agree with 11,Boataddict and crazedRXP
    if this was done by a dealer they need to see it and it needs to be documented, and they should be held responsible. If it was as low as you say you could definately have internal engine damage if it was run too low for fust a short period of time or at all without oil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information