Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

counterbalancer oil

on the 787, how often does one need to check the oil level in the counterbalance? and how much oil to put in? how do you tell if it needs oil?

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    every season.Take a wide flathead screwdriver and remove the cap and should see the oil close to the top and i used synthetic oil to top it off.Thats good that your checking that,ive seen alot of failures from this and theres no mention of it even in the SHOP manual as i remember.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    You are showing your ignorance now sea-one.

The c/b shaft oil never needs changing on a 787 engine, as it's open to the cases. It constantly exchanges with the fuel/oil mixture that runs through the cases of the rear cylinder.

You only add 3 ounces of whatever two stroke oil you intend to use when you build the engine. Thereafter, it is a constant mix of fuel/oil.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks for that 96XPss,i wish i had known you 14yrs ago when i started on these things.
    would have saved the stealership alot of money sending me to class for cerifications.Also im positive that your the one i spray as i fly past you on your little boat skipping across the water like a rock and the ski begging you to get off me.
    As for you "JERSEY785" go to seadoosource.com for the actual detailed ansewer to you question and goodluck.hopefully some smartass know it all wont try to belittle you,these are usally the "WantabeeeeZ"

+1
    I have rode 96XPSS's ski and I can tell you that you won't be flying past him.

Thanks for that 96XPss,i wish i had known you 14yrs ago when i started on these things.
    would have saved the stealership alot of money sending me to class for cerifications
    LOL They should get the money back.

Banned User
    have to agree being an ex employee of a seadoo dealer, and having rebuilt a bunch of engines, the 787 doesnt work the same as the 951 with a oil rev. for the CB shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    have to agree being an ex employee of a seadoo dealer, and having rebuilt a bunch of engines, the 787 doesnt work the same as the 951 with a oil rev. for the CB shaft.

wait! with whom do you agree with?

hey 96xpss, I remember you from quite a few years ago when you were still dialing in your rossier set up, Im glad to hear that you've mastered it.btw, it was on the other site.

Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post

The c/b shaft oil never needs changing on a 787 engine, as it's open to the cases. It constantly exchanges with the fuel/oil mixture that runs through the cases of the rear cylinder.

You only add 3 ounces of whatever two stroke oil you intend to use when you build the engine. Thereafter, it is a constant mix of fuel/oil.
    +1. Also FYI, I believe the Seadoo shop manual says to use SAE 30 which is WRONG for the 787 engine. Just use two stroke oil.

I have always wondered why Rotax put in a fill plug starting in 1997 on the 787? Drain plug I can see, as it is the lowest part of the engine if it ever gets water in the cases, but fill plug?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information