Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Losing coolant 1/2 catch can per tank of fuel

    I searched this topic quite a bit, and unfortunately I believe it's a head gasket... Ski is running great, and not overheating, not losing the coolant out the overflow into hull either... my question is (and I think i know the answer) is the coolant overflow tank suppossed to bubble when revved up out of the water? It must be burning it out the exhaust DAMN!


  2. #2
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Check your rideplate for any coolant loss.

    Do you have aftermarket thermostat??

  3. #3
    REID2168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    8,156
    +1
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by spinyard View Post
    is the coolant overflow tank suppossed to bubble when revved up out of the water?

    absolutely not say bye bye to that head gasket cause its gone!

  4. #4
    yep my rhino bubbled the coolant tank when i got a bad batch of head gaskets thanks reid for backing up my bad news ha ha i do have an aftermarket t-stat, but it was a do it yourselfer, and it does not leak.. DAMN time for another shot of patron rippin that head off tomorrow! Do i have to pull the exhaust manifold to get the head off and do i need to grind the arp head studs if i get them to clear the valve cover i remember reading this before...btw it was so fun smokin two stock rxp/rxt's to 79mph nothing like that smile..

  5. #5
    REID2168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    8,156
    +1
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by spinyard View Post
    yep my rhino bubbled the coolant tank when i got a bad batch of head gaskets thanks reid for backing up my bad news ha ha i do have an aftermarket t-stat, but it was a do it yourselfer, and it does not leak.. DAMN

    u might as well hear it now i have left myself in DENIAL so many times when it runs great but keeps either puking or just disappearing and bubbling.....ITS OVER Bro!!!!!!! sorry!.......mine were always after i installed light weight valve work which has nothig to do with it other than thats why my head would be off..........so i started using Permatex Copper coat evenly applied but not to heavy and its gold if u ask me good luck!

  6. #6
    REID2168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    8,156
    +1
    241
    Quote Originally Posted by spinyard View Post
    time for another shot of patron rippin that head off tomorrow! Do i have to pull the exhaust manifold to get the head off and do i need to grind the arp head studs if i get them to clear the valve cover i remember reading this before...btw it was so fun smokin two stock rxp/rxt's to 79mph nothing like that smile..
    leave the Patron.... unless u go something for the bone..... or your alone.....cause if your a dog...... all u will want to do is roam.......u can leave the manifold on to get it out yes..........i dont roll with ARP's but they are good and yes watch the valve cover issue they have other than that........ go getem!

  7. #7
    got a perfect 10 sittin right here i'll worry about the head gasket tomorrow damn that didn't rhyme .... i don't roll the arp's either yeah when i put in the ferrea's i didn't use any kind of sealant and it worked good for like a year or so....... so permatex it is huh

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Waveblaster 2 not running below half tank of fuel.
    By masterblaster2 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 10:45 PM
  2. Sea Doo lunges after half tank of fuel
    By timeoff in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-2012, 05:26 PM
  3. catch can found mixtures of oil+fuel
    By thomas loh in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 10:51 AM
  4. How far on a tank of fuel
    By GeordieBoyKel in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 11:47 PM
  5. Catch can reserve tank
    By Snoman in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-16-2007, 12:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •