Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: '99 XPL Mods

'99 XPL Mods

Hi All,

Well in a few months it will be the first summer for me and my ski

Excited much!!!??!!

Anyway to the point, im going to do a few mods before hand to my 99 xpl. Thinking Ill get a set of black Hydro Turf mats to replace the stockies (their in ok cond. just the hydro turf ones look PIMP), going to install a set of Worx racing sponsons as currently my ski has some form of hack job and is what id call sponson less.... Also thinking I might get a Jet Trim seat to liven things up any one had much to do with these? Then to top it all off thinking ill do a set of motocross bars. Either a set of Renthal/Fly/Protapers?

How we looking?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Summer in a few months? I take it you live in the southern hemisphere somewhere? Mods are looking good. I would have an upholsterer do the seat personally plus it has to be done with SS staples. The sponsons are a bit of work you have to cut foam out of the way, remove the WBm and what ever else is in the way...Good luck and Happy riding. Post up some pixs of your ski

Wink

Yeah summer in a few months, Im in South Australia !

Why do you recommend an upholsterer doing the seat? Cant I just buy a seat cover and chuck it on myself?

As for sponsons I think the foam will already be trimmed out of the way as its had some on their before but the previous owner pulled them off and left the backings :S WTF How hard is WB removal and VTS removal?

Its stock minus my bilge pump setup and a worx intake grate and some lockon grips atm...

As for pics dont have many on here but heres a few....

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Nice pics!

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    a seat cover is not just a slip on. it has to be stapled and streached and stapled again...if you think that you can handle it, go ahead and try. you may do better than my attempt

Removing the WB and other items are easy its just takes some time to do it thats all

+1
    Removing the Resonator is NOT easy and just about impossible to get back in. Your best bet is to get the exhaust hose from a '98 XPL and just forget about that sucker.

Make sure and use stainless staples on that seat cover.

I like Gator Grips myself, when I get a chance I will take some pics of mine so you can see what they look like. I think they grip better, but others like HT better.

+1
    Check out the sticky at the top. Ben's secret mods for 951-1050 setups. A lot of good info here.
    Try to get a ride plate off a 97 XP it's good for some speed on top.

+1

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by kidafa View Post
    Hi All,

Anyway to the point, im going to do a few mods before hand to my 99 xpl. Thinking Ill get a set of black Hydro Turf mats to replace the stockies (their in ok cond. just the hydro turf ones look PIMP), going to install a set of Worx racing sponsons as currently my ski has some form of hack job and is what id call sponson less.... Also thinking I might get a Jet Trim seat to liven things up any one had much to do with these? Then to top it all off thinking ill do a set of motocross bars. Either a set of Renthal/Fly/Protapers?

How we looking?
    HydroTurf is ok I like the Gator Grips personally but I think they are hard to locate. Worx sponsons are the best on a xpl be it racing,surf or rec riding. Jet trim covers are ok I used them for racing as they offer the best bum to seat grip with the Nada-Hyde material but for rec riding I found they would split my ass cheeks too much . For rec riding and surf I switched to Mline covers .
    Handle bars I would just have your stock ones made longer by 6 inches either side either by a solid piece of aluminium turned down to fit inside the stock bars. This way the stock shroud and dess post work as they are designed and they offer good protection when wave jumping.

Bars http://www.pwctoday.com/f15/99-xpl-h...rs-126925.html

Get a splash guard http://www.pwctoday.com/f64/splash-guard-147924.html

Throttle http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...t=81548&page=2

Seat covers http://stores.shop.ebay.com/mlinesales__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Hmmm want to give me some tips on removing it all or should I Just undo eveyrthing i can see and rip it out? haha

Also anything else I should do to make sure its sweet for some solid running:
    Ive done the following:
    Cleaned and rebuild carbies
    Replaced fuel lines and cleaned selector (they were all like brand new not worth it imo)
    Put in new wear ring
    Compression tested and was something like 150 and 147
    New battery
    Lubed throttle cable
    Ditched the oil injection and running premix
    Lubed the grease port

Anything I've missed? Are their any bolts that are prone to coming loose on these things i need to check or anything? I was considering getting it serviced by a dealer but it seems to be running fine (revs very close to 7K) and am worried on what they would charge me!

Thanks for that surf and turf!

Those Milne seat covers dont really do it for me :S My current one is fine just think the plain silver is a bit mehhhhhhh

Ive already got a finger throttle

These splash guards you guys make... Sorry for being a noob but what do they do? And would you sell me some/help fit ?

Also wouldnt mind coming for a ride some time if thats ok? Id just put around and enjoy the sights as some of those picks you've put up of jumping at waits are awesome!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information