Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2003 gp1300r running issues

I have a 03 that has low hours on it, great compression, starts, idles a little low sometimes but if you rev it up it will tach out then slowly start to fall. on the water it is worse. only goes up to about 9mph. the cat is still in it and is in good condition, there are no codes on the self test. last time out it ran fine and then started to loose power. the fuel smelled a little old so it was replaced and still the same issue. tested the fuel pressure and its good, my gauge says 50psi. plugs are new and are black on half the porcelien, wet and seem a little rich. it is not loosing spark.

What else can I test? I have the yamaha manual and it has very limited info on how to test this condition. also there is no info on testing the cdi.

any ideas on what else I can test?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tom21 View Post
    I have a 03 that has low hours on it, great compression, starts, idles a little low sometimes but if you rev it up it will tach out then slowly start to fall. on the water it is worse. only goes up to about 9mph. the cat is still in it and is in good condition, there are no codes on the self test. last time out it ran fine and then started to loose power. the fuel smelled a little old so it was replaced and still the same issue. tested the fuel pressure and its good, my gauge says 50psi. plugs are new and are black on half the porcelien, wet and seem a little rich. it is not loosing spark.

What else can I test? I have the yamaha manual and it has very limited info on how to test this condition. also there is no info on testing the cdi.

any ideas on what else I can test?
    powervalves stuck open?

+1
    are you sure its not the cat??? what type of oil do you use? how many hours? the reason i ask, my 05 the cat failed with very few hours on it because of the type of oil i used. actually long story about the oil, but the cat crapped the bed in no time. same symptoms

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCKMYWAKE View Post
    are you sure its not the cat??? what type of oil do you use? how many hours? the reason i ask, my 05 the cat failed with very few hours on it because of the type of oil i used. actually long story about the oil, but the cat crapped the bed in no time. same symptoms
    move along to the other forum Seadoo Boy!

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    powervalves stuck open?
    no they are working. and were also checked to make sure they were still all in their holders. they cycle when shutoff and open under throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by SUCKMYWAKE View Post
    I had the exhaust off and the cat is clean and still in one solid piece, I have replaced a few and know what they can do. that is why its the first thing I did check. found a broken clamp on the inside hose but other than that- nothing.

Is there any way to test the cdi?

would a throttle position sensor or an air temp sensor be able to be off enough to not throw a code but make the ski run bad?

+1
    Get rid of that stupid sig. Does the fuel injector have a good spray pattern?

+1
    Is there any way to test the cdi?

would a throttle position sensor or an air temp sensor be able to be off enough to not throw a code but make the ski run bad?
    usually stores a code, but not always with the tps

Quote Originally Posted by TX21 View Post
    Get rid of that stupid sig. Does the fuel injector have a good spray pattern?
    I don't have a sig?? tried to test the spray and measure for volume, had the whole intake off and all the electrical plugged in, plug wires off and cranked it- no spray. what did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    usually stores a code, but not always with the tps
    well I can measure resistance on those, but I was hoping there would be a common problem area to go after.

if it was sitting in your garage what would you be looking at?

+1
    I don't have a sig???
    Not you, that stupid SUCKMYWAKE huge sig that looks .

So you got no fuel spray? Never worked on a Yamaha FI ski but I have done a few Sea-Doo's. I just pull the rail out and crank it to see if it sprays. Everyhting else is hooked up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information