Thread: clamps

clamps

Dont forget to inspect/change your clamps on routine maintenance guys. Especially you saltwater guys.
    Took my free flow tube off and had it double clamped on both ends with Tridon worm drive all SS clamps, but they still had several bad rust areas on them, one was ready to break.
    Replaced them with these nice SS HD turbo hose T bolt style clamps. Much heavier duty and no worm drive to strip out or rust through.
    Clamp breaking at the wrong time would be bad..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM002065.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	526.2 KB 
ID:	152202  

I spray paint on them ,,,give more protection from rust

+1
    Great idea Ross! Especially the clamp on the front of the air box. Rusty clamp breaks, filter falls off and clamp goes in the OE air box and gets stuck on the butterfly of the throttle body!Lee

+1

rusty clamps

yes Ross, us northern boys are about ending our season, absolutely check ff at the end, you recommend double clamping, i ask riva tech about in install , said not necessary, but i disagree, going to look at those ones Ross

+1
    on the list of winter projects. going to replace all the hose clamps. some are still original from 04.

anyone using the oekiter (sp) clamps like the seadoos? i was thinking about putting them on the hoses in the back so i don't really have to worry about them. never really seen them rust liek the worm gear clamps either

Quote Originally Posted by fenn View Post
    on the list of winter projects. going to replace all the hose clamps. some are still original from 04.

anyone using the oekiter (sp) clamps like the seadoos? i was thinking about putting them on the hoses in the back so i don't really have to worry about them. never really seen them rust liek the worm gear clamps either
    Fenn, I am using the stainless worm clamps on all the hoses back behind the battery box except for the FF, I`m using T bolts... so far so good...

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    yes Ross, us northern boys are about ending our season, absolutely check ff at the end, you recommend double clamping, i ask riva tech about in install , said not necessary, but i disagree, going to look at those ones Ross
    Dave I originally had the FF with double worm clamps on each end, until I found the clamps leaking at the waterbox, not alot, but enough to see some water in the hull along with what looked like pepper, which I thought was carbon. after removing and inspecting the seal, water/exhaust had indeed past thru the clamped area and now I have the T bolts on there...

Thread Information