Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning

+1

Warning

I believe with these high powered conversions there could be a saftey risk running the OEM pump shoe Brackets, as the soft aluminium treads of the OEM pump shoe brackets let go today on Bumble Bee causeing the pump shoe to nearly tear out..1 bolt was missing 2 were loosely hanging there and one was still in tight. Luckley it didnt tear out as i had my mr's on the back riding 2 up at over 85 mph....

+1
    this is a very good point to bring up. It sounds like the OEM brackets we are using for the tunnel reinforcement needs to be upgraded to a piece of stainless or aluminum with longer bolts and a nut/washer on top to secure it more. Speeds of 90mph on the bumble bee are definitely areas where not many PWC run. But, I see this as opportunity for improvement in skis running 85+ or even 80+.

for conversation, here is the OEM bracket. Also below it is the brackets that are available thru the online store.

Look at the GreenHulk brackets below, maybe these should be used wiht a bigger bolt and back it up with a washer and nut.

yup!
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 01-19-2010 at 05:24 PM.

+1
    thats exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks Andy

Also, here is a part I highly recommend for 80+ mph skis.

WFO's Intake Grate Mount
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ht=grate+mount

Hey Billie, how are ya!

if I tear the GPR apart again over the winter, that`s a good mod to do!...
    even tho I`m way under 80

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    I believe with these high powered conversions there could be a saftey risk running the OEM pump shoe Brackets, as the soft aluminium treads of the OEM pump shoe brackets let go today on Bumble Bee causeing the pump shoe to nearly tear out..1 bolt was missing 2 were loosely hanging there and one was still in tight. Luckley it didnt tear out as i had my mr's on the back riding 2 up at over 85 mph....
    hey Westy,

Glad to hear you're ok.

Get a solid piece of aluminum bar and drill and tap it. Also epoxy it in rather then using sikaflex so there is no movement.

considering the speeds you're doing, I'd look at stepping up to a thicker bolt as well, as those bolts were designed for 70mph ski's and could be stretching.

Check your pump pressure as well make sure its not exceeding 70psi.

cheers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosport View Post
    hey Westy,

Glad to hear you're ok.

Get a solid piece of aluminum bar and drill and tap it. Also epoxy it in rather then using sikaflex so there is no movement.

considering the speeds you're doing, I'd look at stepping up to a thicker bolt as well, as those bolts were designed for 70mph ski's and could be stretching.

Check your pump pressure as well make sure its not exceeding 70psi.

cheers
    thanks , at this stage i think im making a set out of solid SS

+1
    So what really happened?? If the front grate inserts pulled out it wouldn't matter how the shoe was held. ALways use a block of aluminum for the grate mount.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    So what really happened?? If the front grate inserts pulled out it wouldn't matter how the shoe was held. ALways use a block of aluminum for the grate mount.

Hey Duke,
    there is no problem with either fastners for the Grate, the treaded section in the pump shoe for the grate is perfect no problems and the front of the grate already has solid ss updated front plate with locking nuts and washers... the oem brackets as Billie posted are the problem the soft aluminim thread tore out leaving the pump shoe hanging down only holding by 1 bolt... the plan is it make solid ss pump Shoe brackets that wont pull through...
    regards Robert

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by westy View Post
    Hey Duke,
    there is no problem with either fastners for the Grate, the treaded section in the pump shoe for the grate is perfect no problems and the front of the grate already has solid ss updated front plate with locking nuts and washers... the oem brackets as Billie posted are the problem the soft aluminim thread tore out leaving the pump shoe hanging down only holding by 1 bolt... the plan is it make solid ss pump Shoe brackets that wont pull through...
    regards Robert
    Please show me how this happened. I've taken the same setup well over 100mph.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information