contest no parking ticket

Does anyone know where to find the laws pertaning to no parking signs in the state of Ca? I'm wondering if there are any laws saying you can't park xx feet in front of a no parking sign?

Yesterday I got a ticket that I didn't deserve. I parked about 1/3 of a mile away from where we were going to enter the river to go floating just so I wouldn't be parked in the no parking zone. I'll let these crappy pictures do the talking.
    I'm the Armada, the lancer was my friend dropping me off after the floating.

+1
    If you parked opposite the direction of where the no parking sign arrow (one arrow) was facing, you are not in violation. If the sign had arrows going in both directions you deserve the ticket. If the sign said "no standing" and you parked you would still be in violation. If the sign said "no parking" and you were "standing" (in vehicle with engine running), the law wasn't broken. If it said "no stopping" you're guilty if you stop, stand or park. I don't know which vehicle is yours in the photos, and all the signs are not really legiable. The small silver car in the "no stopping any time" area IS in violation.

Richard

I'm the Armada which is the SUV.

I was on the opposite side of the arrow. This officer was just being a prick and enforcing a stupid law to the letter. People wonder why cops are so disliked? well it is because of pricks like this guy.

Here is the part of the code I that the number on my ticket refers to

"11.08.010 Prohibited generally.
    No person shall stop, park or leave standing any vehicle, whether attended or unattended, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with law or the direction of a peace officer or official traffic control device, in any of the following places or for any of the following purposes or under any of the following conditions:
    A. Upon any public highway within thirty feet upon the approach to any official traffic control device"

Here is the kicker. We saw this cop sitting another couple hundred yards from where I parked (behind the mada), we knew he was waiting to ticket people in the no parking zone. While the wife and I were removing a raft from the mada this prick pulls out of his "hiding spot" and drives right past us on down the highway. We walked away from the mada around 1:15 or 1:20. The time on the ticket.........1:33. Now if he wern't such a prick and was there to protect and SERVE he would have stopped and informed us that we should move 10-15 feet back to avoid any problems.

+1
    It's just like one of my friend in MO got a ticket from the Game Wardon for hunting in the wrong section that he wasn't licenced for.

The Wardon stop by while they were getting ready putting orange vests on and getting there guns ready checked everything out and left them go untill they walk about ten yards and stopped them and wrote the ticket, he told them that ( YES HE ACTUALLY SAID THAT )while they were standing by the truck they were not hunting so he had to let them walk into the woods a little so he could write them up.
    Doesn't that build up respect for opossum cops.

+1
    In my book, a traffic control device is one where a moving violation could be issued if it is disobeyed. Examples would be traffic lights, stop and yield signs etc. Permanently placed no parking signs are not traffic control devices. Temporary ones, like those at a road construction site might be able to be construed as one. The sign you allegedly parked too close to was a No Stopping sign. Even if they consider this a traffic control device, I would plead not guilty and show the judge or hearing officer the pic showing where your vehicle was parked in relation to the sign. I would mention that you estimated the distance between the sign and your vehicle to be 30 feet....you are not required to carry a tape measure with your operators license and it is not like you parked on top of the sign. I'll bet that the case will be dismissed.

Richard

+1
    You sure BUSH didn't cause that ticket to be issued?

Call your local lower court's clerk of court. Ask him/her what section of the transportation code is applicable to your alleged violation (if it's not on the ticket) and you can look it up online.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie
    You sure BUSH didn't cause that ticket to be issued?

Call your local lower court's clerk of court. Ask him/her what section of the transportation code is applicable to your alleged violation (if it's not on the ticket) and you can look it up online.
    Lurker already gave the section of the V&T Law that was printed on the ticket and he quoted the section of law. People should read the post before being so quick to jump on it with an answer.....Something that I do myself on occasion.

I'm sure our dear President Bush didn't have anything to do with the ticket...it was all Contalesa Lices fault....everyone should know that !!! (I wanted to spell her name with a Cun, not a Con, but the adult lock on this forum prevented me from doing so )

Richard
    Last edited by way2fast; 08-22-2006 at 04:15 PM.

Thread Information