Thread: SHO Maintanance

SHO Maintanance

Hey guys and girls,
    My name is Travis i own an 08 FX SHO and im new here. Is it necessary to take these skis in for servicing? My sho has about 40 hrs on it is there anything i need to do besides change oil again at end of season (about a week)? Also i am interested in riva intake, ff exhaust, and ribbon removal kit. Does anyone have any videos that show how loud the machine is with the ff exhaust and mods i plan on doing?

Thanks

SHOBOATIN
    Travis

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBOATIN View Post
    Does anyone have any videos that show how loud the machine is with the ff exhaust and mods i plan on doing?
    I have a FF Exhaust and intake manifold upgrade only. The exhaust is a noticably louder but it's more a of a tone. There isn't a obnoxious "growl" that I notice from other make skis. But it is quite loud. No videos yet.

I actually think I prefer the stock but the reponse that I've got from the manifold upgrade and FF I wouldn't trade for anything!!

+1

+1
    Welcome to the forum Travis. Here's a vid from Rip'nTearSHO & maintenance interval chart.

[/URL]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_03 Sep. 28 09.36.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	152548  

+1
    Hey guys and girls,
    My name is Travis i own an 08 FX SHO and im new here. Is it necessary to take these skis in for servicing? My sho has about 40 hrs on it is there anything i need to do besides change oil again at end of season (about a week)? Also i am interested in riva intake, ff exhaust, and ribbon removal kit. Does anyone have any videos that show how loud the machine is with the ff exhaust and mods i plan on doing?

Thanks

SHOBOATIN
    Travis
    Your oil should have been changed once at 10 hours after the break in. Then change it again at 50 hours. You'll need to lube the main bearing as well. Follow that chart and you'll be good.

If you let a dealer do your service for you make sure they hit all the things the chart says. I perfer to do all my own work. I can't afford dealer prices.

+1
    mjh3ides
    The ff exhaust sounds very quiet compared to mine? They get louder once you put them in water and under loud correct? For example I was able to hear the guy in the video clear as day, yet on mine I can barely hear the rider. Now I lent it to my cousin and he was abotu 50 feet away coming towards me (off throttle and very little) and I could hear him talking to his wife who was on the back. But from the rear I hear nothing.

I would say between idle and 1500 rpms there's a slight tone. 1500-2200 it's a louder. 2200-4500 is the loudest. From 4500 to WOT it gets lower.

My cousin was at least a 1/2 mile away and beyond the 200 foot swimming area from me and under 4500 I could hear my waverunner. It was louder than if the stock exhaust was on and 50 feet away from me (this is no joke) which surprised me. With my stock exhaust I was able to come within 10-15 feet of someone, turned back on, without them hearing me (I tried it). As my cousin got closer and under WOT it was as if the stock exhaust was on, once he eased off it got louder.

As I said in my first post it's more of a loud tone than a growl. It is loud for my taste but in return I've got excellent throtle response with that and intake manifold upgrade so I'm ok with it from a performance standpoint. I'm not sure though which gave me the bigger gain in throttle response. I also picked up .7mph with both upgrades, again I'm not sure which gave me the biggest gain.

It's definately a performance must do. I could see it annoying snobby people though

some of the things on the chart say to be done by dealership will this effect warranty if not done by the dealership?

Thanks

Travis

+1
    some of the things on the chart say to be done by dealership will this effect warranty if not done by the dealership?

Thanks

Travis
    If you can trust the dealership to do it properly.

Thread Information