Question HELP!!! tunning!!!!

Green Hulk Buds,

My buddy & I just got back from the lake from testing out his SHO after putting in the Stage 1 plus the E1 SC wheel, Fuel Pressure Reg., & powershot... bike runs strong but not at its full potential. We were messing around with the powershot got the mid range tuned good but seems like idle/low end has too much full and top end seems like its missing fuel, however he has stock injectors and the fuel pressure reg. is set at 60 lbs i think its a lil too high what do you guys think??? also can anyone help me with understanding how too tune with power shot or maybe a base setting so i can work my way up from there??? Thanks i appreciate all your help!!!

what your trying is what i wanted to do..... but the E1 is TOO MUCH boost for the power shot and the factory ecu.....mho.....for that wheel you need to go with the motec or the riva ecu.....boost, timing, and fuel.

+1
    You can only hit 10 or 11 pounds of boost with the powershot. The E1 is rated at 16 pounds at 8300 rpms I believe. You need the Motec or the Riva ECU to get the rest. Also, the stock intercooler needs to be upgraded. That will hold you back as well. Another thing, with the E1 you will be heating that engine up. You need to do an aftermarket cooling kit. The R&D Engine/Intercooler Cooling kit worked very well for me.

How are you tuning, by seat of the pants? You need to get a wideband hooked up before you start adding/taking away fuel from the engine. Like others have said you will need a different ECU to take advantage of the extra power. Once you get it lined out your ski should run damn good. Goodluck.

Thanks guys for all your help... he is currently waiting for the riva IC for his ski... u thing 60lbs of fuel is too much for stock injectors?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    YOU NEED AN AFR METER...............

Where are you guys mounting your guages on the SHO/FZR/FZS???

+1
    This is just my .02.

I am under the impression that the Powershot is designed to work well with STOCK fuel pressure and fuel mapping. I would not attempt to use a fuel pressure regulator unless you are using an aftermarket ECU that can take full control of it. If you're not, I'd lose the FPR. It's also just not necessary to only run around 10-11 pounds of boost.

Then what others said is correct. The Powershot comes pre-programmed for the C3 wheel. You're using an E1 which may require a little tweaking. The only accurate way to do that is with a wideband and a way to log it.

Hope this helps.

Thread Information