Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

08 rxpx vts gauge problem

Has anyone had any problems with their VTS digital gauge beeping and flashing in & out? Mechanically it works fine, but the trim indicator on the gauge blinks, flashes and runs up and down all over the range and disappears. Had it reflashed and the gauge replaced and it still does it?
    Could this be a brain problem?

There was someone else on here that was having that problem.... maybe they'll see this and chime in....

yes that was me. thought about taking mine to the shop but decided to just ride it out if its not a big deal. someone told me that his did this and they found water in the vts box and needed new connector. said it was from wave jumping. i need to go look at mine. i know exactly what your going through my gauge looks like its having a seisure trimming up and down. hope this may help ya

Thanks a ton for the info. I never would have thought about that. I bought this ski with two hours on it and it was a demo. Saved a few thousand going that way but as a demo I'm sure they hammered it pretty good jumping some waves. It's still under the factory warranty so I'll take it to them again and have them replace the VTS box connector.

+1
    You can solve it yourself.

I had the same problem,you must take the vts box out ,this is not very hard to do,however you need a special vts nut tool,to loosen the nut at the pumptunnel.

You will see water in your vts box,a rusted motor,and connectors.
    I have pics available if your interested.

If you'r lucky just cleaning will help, if not you wiil need a new motor or a new vts housing.

Good luck on the repair.

Clint, I have that VTS tool here....

Pics would be great. I would love to see what yours looked like. I talked to the local dealer today and I told them about the VTS box and they said they would look at it. So... we'll see how that goes for the fourth time. I might pull it out and see what the box looks like first. Might save me a trip across town

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpxfire View Post
    Pics would be great. I would love to see what yours looked like. I talked to the local dealer today and I told them about the VTS box and they said they would look at it. So... we'll see how that goes for the fourth time. I might pull it out and see what the box looks like first. Might save me a trip across town
    Here you go,some pics of the vts,this motor has only 30 hrs on it,was a lot of rust inside,i had the same symtons as you mentioned.
    Hope yours isn't that bad,after cleaning it functions again,so you might try to do the same,i didn't have the vts tool took me a lot of time to get the vts nut loose,i ordered one so installing will be a lot easier.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foto's-0007.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	154055   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foto's-0008.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	159.8 KB 
ID:	154056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Foto's-0009.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	237.5 KB 
ID:	154057  

Wow! Thanks for the pics. Thats a lot of corrsion. I took my vts box apart and it was clean dry with no water or rust. The connections and contacts looked perfect. I'm not sure what the problem is at this point. It's pisses me off and is frustrating as hell!!! The dealer is replacing the ECU because at this point they are thinking it's a sending message from the ECU to the gauge cluster. All the contacts were checked and came up good so i don't know what the deal is from here. I should find out on Tuesday if the new ECU worked after it's water tested. Last time out it ran great for 23 min then the gauge starting doing the same old thing...

+1
    I hope your problems are solved with the new ecu.
    Strange everything looks good and still malfunctioning of the vts.
    Wish you luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information