nOOb w/ to many questions.

hello to everybody.
    a place just for obsessed PWC lovers. sounds like my kind of place.
    a bit of background- im 32 and have been riding (other peoples) skis for over 10 years. buying one was a reach away untill now.
    i bought a 02 GP1200R for one of the guys that works at the dealership so it was highly taken care of with 75 hrs on it.
    since i brought it home in july i put on 25 hrs.
    after alot of reading i come to find out i can do alot to this. but....

my question is, How many hours is alot for a ski and with mine having 100 hours on it would it be cool to put some mods in it? maybe like a stage 1 or 2. or hell maybe a triple pipe.

another concern of mine is about 6 weeks ago i took it out on some big waves (i live in nebraska, so not That Big) but then i noticed that the speedo thing was not working...? i think maybe the wire just came undone?? i dont know...yet

and now for the big mystery...every time i take er out after that wave day (i think thats when it started) the 1st 10, 15 minutes are great. i need to hang on and i can feel the speed. then after a bit of riding i will feel the decrease in speed. with the speedometer no longer working for now i watch the RPM's.
    when i take it out 1st thing 7000+
    after minutes of riding 5500 to 6000 PPM's
    and sometimes when im riding it will jump back to the high RPM's for a few minutes?!??

thanks for reading.

Welcome to GH,fine ski you have if i do say so myself.
    Make sure you have the right plugs in,BR8-ES-11 and do a search on securing the seat if you are hitting big waves,the force of the water has been known to pop that latch and it'll sink.
    Check that your speedo wheel is still there at the back on the rideplate or if it has any debris wrapped around it.Btw,100hrs not alot,i got about 260hrs now,enjoy your new ski.

5500 to 6000 rpm's at WOT is a big problem. Don't continue to ride it this way unless you want to end up rebuilding the motor. My guess is the fuel filter and carbs are gummed up, typical for an older ski. If it hasn't been done recently, I would get the carbs rebuilt and cleaned asap.

Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    5500 to 6000 rpm's at WOT is a big problem. Don't continue to ride it this way unless you want to end up rebuilding the motor. My guess is the fuel filter and carbs are gummed up, typical for an older ski. If it hasn't been done recently, I would get the carbs rebuilt and cleaned asap.
    oh crap! i maybe put 3 or 5 hrs on it since i noticed it.
    it will cost me 125 for the shop to come out and ride it. i told them just what i told you and they really didnt know.
    oh yeah. i just had it servised before this happend....but they prolly dont look at the carb?
    if it the carb should i just get a bad ass one?

thanks both for your help.

i think this maybe in the wrong place. can someone move it to projects?

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk..

I moved it here as it is a general question. The Projects section is for complete build/rebuilds. You can start a new thread in the projects section when you start to transform your GPR into a monster. Get your wallet ready

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk..

I moved it here as it is a general question. The Projects section is for complete build/rebuilds. You can start a new thread in the projects section when you start to transform your GPR into a monster. Get your wallet ready
    ok thanks.

i have been reading alot about the stage 2 and im seeing people say they woundnt do it?

if i can get it up to 70 for 2 g's ill be happy......for now.
    but 1st i need to find out whats up with the 6000 RPM's

+1
    For 2G'ss you should be closer to 75+ If you do your homework and spend your pennies wisely. 1K handling and 1K motor.

Thread Information