Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Super hot, seized, stock RXP blower

Had my little sister riding the stock RXP yesterday with the learner key. We were about 10 miles into a ride and the ski slows down... the exhaust makes a weird note, and it wouldn't go over 3 MPH....

I come back around and lift up the seat and smoke just poor's out.... the blower is so hot it not only melted the intake hose, I could spit on it and the spit would instantly vaporize.....

Everything else on the motor was cool.... Speaking of the motor.. it won't turn over!

This blower was rebuilt completely less than 10 hours ago.

RUnning Amsoil WCF

Obviously the supercharger got to hot and seized up.... but why?

WIth a learners key.... and a 2nd time rider it seems the blower would stay cooler...

I'll have pics up soon....this should tell a lot

I'm thinking either a lack of oil or????? shit I don't know>>

Could you porpoise/come unhooked sooo much on a learners key that it would heat the clutches up... if you didn't every let off the throttle?

Banned User
    +1
    SC maybe died, pull the hose off the SC outlet and see if thereis any silver dust trails...

OHHH.. I"m sure it's dead... LOL...

Great advice on checking for silver dust in the intake hose though!!! WILL DOO.....

Why the hell would the thing die like that though at such low RPMS ??? I'm sure pics will help and they'll hopefully be up soon....

I'm hoping all the parts of the blower are still there.... that the clutches got overworked and then heated up the shaft and seized it all up... that would be easy to fix so I'm sure it's a lot more!!

+1
    sound like bearing went I lost a bearing last weekend . How the open loop on the rxp working .My temps are oil 150 water 130 can't get oil to 200

What would make less than 10 hour bearing go???

Funny you mentioned open loop... on this RXP, bone stock BUT open loop that was the first thing I suspected. I felt every nook and cranny of this motor and all was cool, but the blower.

Oil WATER temps as measured right off the oil cooler exit line with a mechanical liquid filled gauge are only 130 at WOT and 140 after a WOT run then slowly drop back down to just above 130.

This was with the stock RXP washer only drilled out 2 drill bit sizes larger though. I drilled it out to 5/8", as that warmed things up on my X boat, but I didn't have a chance to test with the gauge on the RXP, before it seized up...

+1
    Pull it out and inspect. Make sure nothing fell into the motor. Everything is speculative at this point.

+1
    Sounds like the bearing cage let loose on the gear side of the charger. Pull the charger and count the balls to see what you're missing.. There should be 7. Also I suspect part of the plastic cage will be missing. There's a good chance if you are missing parts you will find them in the front oil pump screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Pull it out and inspect. Make sure nothing fell into the motor. Everything is speculative at this point.
    Yes... x2... everything is speculative. At this point I'm trying to wrap my head around why this would happen on a learner key with a rebuilt charger..?

I know pics will tell a lot. I'm thinking, and I could be way off, that my sister might have just been pinning it through all the wakes and unhooks... heating up the shaft sooooo much something seized....

Like you said though pics will reveal a lot..... soon to come!

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Sounds like the bearing cage let loose on the gear side of the charger. Pull the charger and count the balls to see what you're missing.. There should be 7. Also I suspect part of the plastic cage will be missing. There's a good chance if you are missing parts you will find them in the front oil pump screen.
    Well.... thanks for that info... this will be winter number 2, consecutively, that i get to pull the motor/PTO/oil pumps.... SHOULD things be missing....

I'm hoping/ praying/ down right begging the powers that be.... LOL.. .that when I pull that blower it's all there... hell I could even deal with having to buy another blower... sooo much easier, for me, than pulling that bitch and making sure it's all cleaned up. HELL I should have just left ceramics on it this pint... OOPSS did I say PINT.... I meant point!!

+1
    Who rebuilt the charger????POSSIBLY the bearings got put in backwards...Not letting any oil in for lubrication...

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Who rebuilt the charger????POSSIBLY the bearings got put in backwards...Not letting any oil in for lubrication...
    Same thing I was thinking.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information