Black Jack Carb Question

Has any body run there modifed carbs for the 951. Here is a link for what I am talking about BlackJack SFI For I Series Carburetors

+1
    for $300 your better off keeping your stock carbs.
    SHOOTER

The stock carbs have serious lean mid throttle issues once you add twin pipes. He is running twins, that is why he is asking.

+1
    for that price to modify the stock carbs, your better off finding a set of 48 novi's. Didn't know that about the twin pipes, when I had the setup I bought from someone they had 48's on them.
    SHOOTER

well I havent run the twins yet. I had the white pipe and just could not get the jetting right on that with the stocks so I know I am going to have problems with the twins. I would really like to find something to bolt to the mel miller intake. As for the novis i would love to have a set but 700 used or 1500 new is to rich for me right now. I am doing some other research and will let you know what I can find out LW.

+1
    The white pipe does not need to have the jets changed froma stock pipe. You have flame arrestors right? Just jet them accordingly to your setup, if you have stock airbox leave the stock jettings in the carbs. If you have flame arrestors then get you a rejet kit, changed the jets and n/s and set them at what they recommend. The white pipe changes no jetting. If anything, you may need to turn your high speed screws out 1/8 th of turn out to compensate for the white pipe. Also, you can hardjet the white pipe in the midsection and gain a little more there. If you can't tune the carbs in for the white pipe, your in deep shit with the twins. You may want to talk to Dan Solie.
    My ski with the white pipe was stomping the crap out of the blue ski with twin pipes we bought from a racer. I mean the bottom, mid and top end. Twin pipes are finicky as well and going to require tad more maintenance.
    SHOOTER

+1
    +1 to Shooter.

Ran a white pipe with Proks and had no trouble dialing it in (did not take much, actually) and it ripped hard.

blackjack carbs look like the older now out of business red top carbs. where they machine out the stock venturi, bore the carb to a larger bore. then bore the top of the carb and press in a billet velocity stack that has machined spray nozzles around the perimeter. I would assume this modification will fix the velocity problem that stock 951 carbs have when running aftermarket flame arrestors. And be a better fix than removing the accelerator pump and jetting for lows and highs. I think its a great mod to use mostly stock components rather than having to buy aftermarket manifolds ext.
    just my .02 cents

Thread Information