Question about my new machines

hi all, this is my first post on this forum and i just have a quick question for you
    i just bought 2 used machines a 05 (45 hours) and an 06 (33 hours) rxt off of my fathers friends who has had them from new. iv been doing some reading up on these and am a little worried about this sc washer failure. i just put the 06 in this weekend for the first time and right off the get go as soon as it was launched went to drive it away and it seemed to have a little misfire and hesitation when accelerating that came and gone . after about 4-5 min of running once ot warmed up it was fine and stopped doing it and i drove it for a good hour or 2 that day working amazing! i love it! 69 easy mph and like nothing
    just wondering if i am seeing some symptoms of this bearing failure

i live in kingston, ON canada and might only get these machines in a few more times before the season is over and i will be replacing the washers but should i worry with this little stutter it had.

iv already read allot of amazing info in here and cant wait to take part in this forum

thanks all

+1
    Welcome to the forum

That missing/hesitation has nothing to do with the ceramic clutch washer failure problem.
    When your clutch washers fail you will only be able to get around 6400 RPM's.

If the skis have sat up for some time the gas could be bad or you just need to change the plugs.

do yourself a favor though and have the superchargers converted over to metal washers as soon as you can.

+1
    Joe, welcome to the forum. You won't get steered wrong here. I wonder if the hesitation was trash/water in the fuel or old fuel. (Have the skis been sitting up for a while?) Or, maybe it was something in the fuel line or filter that finally got blown out... But if it's running good now, then you're good.

About the washers, get them changed. I'm assuming your riding season will be over soon. You can probably wait till then, but do get them changed. In fact, if the skis have over 100 hrs. (or getting close), you might want to see about having the SCs rebuilt.

Good luck w/your rides...

thanks for the quick reply

i do think they were sitting for a while so the fuel makes sense and once it was warm it ran amazing all day, i am going to enjoy these machines allot!

but i WILL be changing the washers as soon as they are all done for the season in a few weeks but just wanted to know i wasn't doing any damage and that wasn't a known symptom to any serious problem and i can put them in a few more times before the snow starts flying

thanks again guys!

Quote Originally Posted by joe_moose4 View Post
    but i WILL be changing the washers as soon as they are all done for the season in a few weeks but just wanted to know i wasn't doing any damage and that wasn't a known symptom to any serious problem and i can put them in a few more times before the snow starts flying

thanks again guys!
    Ride them easy until you shut down for the winter and change out the washers. Watch hard accelerations and hard shut downs and you should be fine.

Thread Information