Wave Chopper's Audio System (Preview and Tested)

So here is a preview of my version of Wave Chopper Audio System.

Time spent:
    Around 4 hours installing this. (Cos space is limited for tightening the bolts)

Parts:
    I have a pair of waterproof speakers, mini amp controller and a 4Ah 12V Lead Battery (I don't want to drain the main battery)

Initial Setup:
    Right now the speakers are fix mounted and is very rigid. The cables are not yet done because I wanted to test the speakers at sea first before i do the rest of install (in case the speakers are worthless at speed). So I just put the batteries and amp in a water bag. They are not in the way of my legs and the mirrors are totally unblocked at all bow angles!

Test results:
    Yesterday rough off shore test shows that the speakers at maximum volume (max level without cracking) are well audible at speeds of 50+. I have not gone faster yet. After a full day of wave chopping, the speakers are still very rigidly mounted.

Sorry I don't have many pictures of the install yet but I will take the boat apart again to do the rest of the install. I am planning to mount the battery and amp at the rear battery compartment.

Please share some experience with me if you have any! More pictures to come!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0111.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	462.3 KB 
ID:	152535   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0114.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	470.6 KB 
ID:	152536   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0112.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	152537  

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wave Chopper View Post
    So here is a preview of my version of Wave Chopper Audio System.

Time spent:
    Around 4 hours installing this. (Cos space is limited for tightening the bolts)

Parts:
    I have a pair of waterproof speakers, mini amp controller and a 4Ah 12V Lead Battery (I don't want to drain the main battery)

Initial Setup:
    Right now the speakers are fix mounted and is very rigid. The cables are not yet done because I wanted to test the speakers at sea first before i do the rest of install (in case the speakers are worthless at speed). So I just put the batteries and amp in a water bag. They are not in the way of my legs and the mirrors are totally unblocked at all bow angles!

Test results:
    Yesterday rough off shore test shows that the speakers at maximum volume (max level without cracking) are well audible at speeds of 50+. I have not gone faster yet. After a full day of wave chopping, the speakers are still very rigidly mounted.

Sorry I don't have many pictures of the install yet but I will take the boat apart again to do the rest of the install. I am planning to mount the battery and amp at the rear battery compartment.

Please share some experience with me if you have any! More pictures to come!
    Cost for materials??
    Specific part numbers??
    I am redoing the install on my '04 GTX and am looking at different options.

Have you finished the install yet....it seems like the perfect system for my ski

Thread Information