Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: productive day

Banned User
    +1

productive day

rear exhaust... check, strainer... check, ic relocater....check, pro-series block offs...check, fizzle 4"...check.

man the hold down straps for the ic were a BEAST. drilling the hole for the exhaust wasnt that bad. time to check for leaks and enjoy the sun and water. had a best of 70.6mph @8120 with flashes of 8160, sea level air 70 water? before. any guess's on what it should go now? i pretty much figure ill be all over the limiter till i get a prop and new grate.

mike

Banned User
    +1
    dang through hole exhaust fitting leaks pretty good. tried to do it like riva said w/ the silicon gasket on the outside and sealer on the inside ring.... just put a bunch more sealer on both the outside and inside, hoping this will stop the drip. is this what all you guys/gals are doing?

mike

+1
    Mike, i like to put a little permatex right stuff on the outside on the gasket before i push the exhaust tip in the hole.

+1
    Yeah if you notice it doesnt sit flush against the hull. Like the side will be flush but the top and bottom will be gapped. The gasket isnt thick enough. Just do like Jerry said and put a good bead of right stuff or silicone on the gasket and push in through the hull. All the extra caulk will push out. Then smoothen caulk and clean up the excess.

Banned User
    +1
    well sealed around the outside and inside extremely well, let dry for a little over a day with some fans blowing on it and.....shoooot, def. slowed the leak down but still have a little drip drip which im not willing to settle for. i think i narrowed it down to one of the actual allen head bolts that sandwich the through hull and flange together. my next idea is to take them out one at a time and put some silicone on the backside of the bolt and reinstall them.... just thought i'd see if anyone else had a better idea?

Banned User
    yeah i had the same issue the only way i could get it to stop was pull the flange out and put a shit load of rtv behind it and have someone put the bolts back in as i held it there.
    (fat guy in a little ski)

Making progress always feels good..

Banned User
    +1
    well while out in the garage tinkering i noticed that the pipe from the waterbox to the through hull doesnt meet flush. if you look from the back of the ski into the exhaust you can see some of the pink coupler. now im wondering if it isnt exhaust pressure pushing a little water inbetween the coupler causing the drip. i dont have t-bolt clamps so i just doubled up the stockers for now..... dang i wish it were light out so i could get to the bottom of this.

1. anyone ever notice if your through hull and exhaust pipe line up perfect? i followed the pattern riva gave me, pretty cut and dry hard to mess that up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    well while out in the garage tinkering i noticed that the pipe from the waterbox to the through hull doesnt meet flush. if you look from the back of the ski into the exhaust you can see some of the pink coupler. now im wondering if it isnt exhaust pressure pushing a little water inbetween the coupler causing the drip. i dont have t-bolt clamps so i just doubled up the stockers for now..... dang i wish it were light out so i could get to the bottom of this.

1. anyone ever notice if your through hull and exhaust pipe line up perfect? i followed the pattern riva gave me, pretty cut and dry hard to mess that up?
    I've done a whopping two rear exhaust installs and neither lined up.. I've read several times this is the norm. Just make sure your clamps are secured correctly.

I also RTVd both sides of the thru hull fitting..... Never had a leak since day one... God's too busy blessing me with blown up superchargers !

Good list of mods you got... congrats!

Banned User
    it is normal for the pipe and the tip to not touch each other and to see the pink coupler, it wont be pink very long it will get some carbon build on on it and turn black and no one will notice, i have done 2 one in a RXT and one in a GTI and same issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information