Thread: 200+ Hour Mark

Red face 200+ Hour Mark

Hey kids. Sooo my ski just hit 201 hours this weekend. I bought it completely stock with 100 hrs and enjoyed it for the next hundred. I knock on wood every time i say this, but it runs great! I hit 60-62 on GPS, ride two gas tanks at a time, bay to ocean trips, and one to three people ride on it without it ever complaining.
    I take good care of it. I usually spend 2 Hours washing, rinsing, lubing it up, and checking everything i can get my hands on after every ride. winterize it well and it was never re-jettet or tuned by anyone.
    SO, what should i look fwd to in terms of replacing thats known to wear out? (if it aint broke....)

Upcoming mods: RIVA Flame Arrestor Kit, RIVA / Boyesen Reed Stuffer Kit (66V), Solas 12/18, and RIVA Performance Pump Cone.
    Thanks for your comments.

+1
    Don't do anything - it'll jinx your ski and everything will start going wrong.

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Don't do anything - it'll jinx your ski and everything will start going wrong.

hope YOU didnt just jinx it

The riva stuffers work really well, I wasnt expecting to be able to notice/feel a difference but when your constantly modulating the throttle in CC racing the stuffers made the throttle alot more responsive. (ex: going from 1/2 throttle to 3/4 throttle with the stuffers felt the same as going from 1/2 to WOT before the stuffers were in)

im looking fwd to installing the stuffers and flame arrestors over the winter. Hope that will be the last time i have to take the stinger out. PIMA that thing is.

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    make dure you rejet the carbs for the FA's... i would secure the oil lines while i was there.... also i would consider shaving the head to raise the compression to 140 (which you would have to rejet to if you do it later) ....

Search the forum for the correct carb tuning you'll need to do for those mods (pop-off, jetting, screw adjusters...). Otherwise you could find yourself spending more time trying to get the correct tune than enjoying the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by stlouisramsfan View Post
    also i would consider shaving the head to raise the compression to 140 (which you would have to rejet to if you do it later) ....

I wouldn't go bumping the compression on a 200+ hour crank... That has BOOM!!! written all over it

If your not doing something, its hard to screw up. stlouisramsfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by treemoney View Post
    I wouldn't go bumping the compression on a 200+ hour crank... That has BOOM!!! written all over it
    when i started my mods a couple years ago, i had people tell me that i will blow it up.... 40 hours later... knock on wood, still going....

Thread Information