Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1

A sticky sutuation

i was out on my sho at the weekend jumping waves, it was quite choppy. i was out in the sea roughly 2 miles out. me and my pal were running for roughly 1 hr with no probs... we decided to head back to shore as it was getting rough... on the way back in at roughly 50mph my ski died all power sudenly shut off.... speedo still stuck reading 50 couldnt get any power and had to be towed in by my friend... sounds easy but conecting the rope in choppy weather is difficult to say the least...
    it took 1 and a 1/2 hrs to return
    upon checking the ski it turned out that one of the 20A fuses had blown a simple 10 pence fuse rendered the ski useless!!!!
    to top this there is no spare fuses in the fuse box.. im now going to carry spares in my tool kit maybe you should to..

+1
    Which fuse exactly? I hate to be a negative nancy, but if it blew once it's likely it may blow again. May be something going on, or maybe will never do it again. Hard to say.

Carrying extras is a very good idea. I don't ride in the ocean but I could see how things could get bad if you broke down out there all by yourself. one time I broke down in a remote part of hte Ozarks on my old GP1200 and thought I might be spending the night out there. Someone finally came along 3 hours later.

+1
    i could have sworn the vx's had a extra fuse in a blank hole inside box??? not sure about teh shos, but maybe i need to go re look again to be sure i did see them, now im thinking i may not have..lol..

+1

i

im not sure what the fuse is related to just yet as i had to shoot offshore to work the same day, it was the bottom fuse 20A
    i will look into what the fuse is for and post up... there are no spare fuses in the fuse box wich is a naf idea... maybe they were trying to save weight??

Quote Originally Posted by corkycat View Post
    i was out on my sho at the weekend jumping waves, it was quite choppy. i was out in the sea roughly 2 miles out. me and my pal were running for roughly 1 hr with no probs... we decided to head back to shore as it was getting rough... on the way back in at roughly 50mph my ski died all power sudenly shut off.... speedo still stuck reading 50 couldnt get any power and had to be towed in by my friend... sounds easy but conecting the rope in choppy weather is difficult to say the least...
    it took 1 and a 1/2 hrs to return
    upon checking the ski it turned out that one of the 20A fuses had blown a simple 10 pence fuse rendered the ski useless!!!!
    to top this there is no spare fuses in the fuse box.. im now going to carry spares in my tool kit maybe you should to..
    You probably overloaded the electrics fitting the curling tongs and hairdryer mate . That's not what we mean by modding your ski, dood. Have you put the stickers on yet. They'll make it go faster

+1

i

haha, the stickers are just sat as they came.... screwed up and thrown at me lol

+1
    that was def one of the things i did when i got the ski.. went out and bought a pack of assorted fuses and threw them in the dry container... even if it blows a fuse every 5 minutes... you can get far at 40mph in 5 minutes compared to 5mph.....

need to go and double check the fuse sizes... are they mini or atc?

+1

i

i intend on buying spare fuses and keeping them in the hull,, still a crap desighn in my opinion with having no spares in the box

+1
    are you sure your fuse box doesnt have spares? i just checked mine and wanted to verify that i did get the correct size... and there are 2 rows of fuses... looking at the fuses from the top on the intake side of the engine the ones on the left are the spares and the ones on the right are the main fuses... the ones being used... and the spares match them spot for spot and correct size... i wondered about this and looked at the service manual

+1
    I thought I remembered reading that there were spares. That was 3 months ago so I could be wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information